Enlightenment 22 Alpha Strikes With Better Wayland Support, Meson Build System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I would prefer a lot more devs to collaborate on E and adding MPV support (raster and others from E, I'm aware you all are really busy), for example. VLC is overrated from my POV and E not supports Xine.
    Patches... reviewed (and maybe accepted) Yup. We're busy. Have to prioritize...

Comment

Originally posted by raster View Post

Patches... reviewed (and maybe accepted) Yup. We're busy. Have to prioritize...
      Yes, I know! That's why I said E needs more devs, not just requests
      Last edited by timofonic; 14 September 2017, 05:39 AM. Reason: Less Engrish...

Comment

Originally posted by tg-- View Post
        What issues do you have?
        I'm using e17 (up to e22) for well over a decade now, and still carrying along a pretty old configuration along the versions, so I don't usually have the fresh experience.
        But I sometimes use blank profiles for testing stuff, and the default configuration seems reasonable and simple enough, that even people coming fresh from windows wouldn't be totally lost (i. e. there are bars with the basic widgets, and easily accessible menus for the installed GUI applications).
        Strangely enough, a lot of people complain about E being too configurable but then in other topics it turns out they're using KDE... yeah, like KDE isn't too configurable. [/s]

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

How do you measure users? Number of people who have actively downloaded and installed it manually? Those that just got it as a bi-product of another choice (like being the default DE for a distribution or product)? If you measure total number of running installs of E then it's well over 100 million. If it's users actively choosing to install and run it - our best guess is in the 10's of thousands.
            Users - people using it as main interface. Daily driver basically.

The thousands fits into expectations, but millions I would expect is too much. This milion number includes people installing it, trying it and never using it again. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by misp View Post

Users - people using it as main interface. Daily driver basically.

The thousands fits into expectations, but millions I would expect is too much. This milion number includes people installing it, trying it and never using it again. Right?
              Well Enlightenment is the WM/compositor for millions of smart TV's, phones, watches, fridges, even digital cameras... well over 100+ million have shipped and so it'd be the default (and only) UI for all of those products. Much like Unity would be a default for people trying or using Ubuntu or where Ubuntu is just the default. It's the power of defaults. We'd heavily focused on being flexible and good for this kind of world over the past decade or so.

Comment

Well Enlightenment is the WM/compositor for millions of smart TV's, phones, watches, fridges, even digital cameras... well over 100+ million have shipped and so it'd be the default (and only) UI for all of those products. Much like Unity would be a default for people trying or using Ubuntu or where Ubuntu is just the default. It's the power of defaults. We'd heavily focused on being flexible and good for this kind of world over the past decade or so.
                Honestly, I had no idea about embedded systems. I'll have to look it up.

Thanks for explaining.

Comment

Working...
                X