No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.26 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will take some time to hit Arch repo, 3.24 didn't hit till .1 rls, but that was a good thing because it had some serious bugs that were fixed in .1, hopefully this one is far more ready and will hit sooner .

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post

Nah. It is just you who need to learn how extensions work. Having arbitrary API limitations will only make the code more static and it comes with a cost to keep the stability.
      Perhaps you should lean software development first since you clearly don’t know what you are talking about. As a bonus, could then be a far more constructive member of society instead of endlessly trolling and getting banned on here.

Comment

If you implement a bastard version it will make life difficult for other docks.
        I must say i agree with you here, but still, for Gnome, i think it would be a nice addiction

Comment

Nah. The cost of maintaining some arbitrary API within flux code is not justified. There is really no reason to discuss this any further because it makes as little sense in GS as in any other code base.
          Well if the code is in so much of a flux, please keep that in mind the next time you bang on about how "professional" and "audited" their code is. Once again, please do educate yourself a little bit, you would gain a lot from it.

Well, the code would only lock GNOME down and put design constraints and code maintenance burdens to upstream. There is no reason to do this when D2D and Ubuntu dock is maintained and QAed properly.

That is the beauty of the current way. Everyone can build a session tailored to docks, panels or whatever. All based on the same stack.
          ...yet diverging from the stack with code dependant on code you admit is in flux. You couldn’t make it up.
          Last edited by danielnez1; 13 September 2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Too bad that fractional scaling didn't make it (according to heise.de).

Comment

Strawman! I didn't said it was "in so much of a flux". On the contrary most people would say GS is pretty mature by now. But again; There is no reason to define APIs and stability promises.

Want it static? Don't upgrade unless necessary. It is that simple.
              I was mealy quoting what you said. It is accepted that APIs and documentation are the gold standard for software development. Instead of trolling, brow-nosing and/or trying to ignore a project's shortcomings, I suggest you deal with it. Perhaps even do something constructive for once.

Comment

how is nvidia wayland support on this release? at x11 level or not yet?
                Last edited by edoantonioco; 14 September 2017, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
                  Too bad that fractional scaling didn't make it (according to heise.de).
                  I'm pretty sure it landed.

From [1]:

* Support fractional monitor scaling [Jonas, Marco; #765011]

[1] http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/sour...er-3.25.4.news

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post

I'm pretty sure it landed.

From [1]:

* Support fractional monitor scaling [Jonas, Marco; #765011]

[1] http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/sour...er-3.25.4.news
                    At least I don't find a way to use it. Just installed GNOMEe 3.26 on Arch.

Comment

Not for something like GS. Today you can manipulate any js code. If you suddenly decide some parts of this is a stable interface you will most likely break existing extensions. So no, APIs is not the golden standard for this application.
                      And another bug that could have been squished if you would contribute instead of giving the project a bad reputation with your trolling.

Comment

Working...
                      X