Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice Gets Flicker-Free OpenGL Transitions

Phoronix: LibreOffice Gets Flicker-Free OpenGL Transitions

Caolán McNamara's hacking around GTK3 support in LibreOffice continues. This time, he's managed flicker-free OpenGL transitions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I couldn't care less even if they ripped out all animations from LO.

What I need them to do is to introduce multithreading into LO. It's currently so unbearably slow with image-heavy documents or spreadsheets with more than 100,000 rows of data and multiple worksheets that even Google Docs or Microsoft Office Online are countless times much faster and more pleasant to use at this point of time.

And I'm on an i7 Skylake processor.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
      GTK3 and inspired by GNOME HIG. That's how you build a Standard Desktop

Firefox is doing the same
      O que que o cu tem a ver com as calças?

Care to explain what is the relation between flicker and the gnome HIG in this context besides shouting merda about the "standard"?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

O que que o cu tem a ver com as calças?

Care to explain what is the relation between flicker and the gnome HIG in this context besides shouting merda about the "standard"?
        He's a known troll, don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by useless View Post

He's a known troll, don't bother.
          I know, but after reading this crap 100s times it gets tiresome

Comment

Oh, that is so nice. GTK3 though doesn't work well with KDE on X only in Wayland. KDE4 and GTK received flicker* enhanced technology with 5.3 branch, i guess this way everyone will see the superiority of GTK3.
            *Also some might not see it because menu flickering isn't a big deal but in macro editing every damn selection is killing my eyes and OpenGL on/off doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
              I know, but after reading this crap 100s times it gets tiresome
              Unfortunately, the "ignore user" feature doesn't work on Phoronix, although I don't know how much it would help when folks keep taking the bait. He really should be banned. He's already been banned under different account name(s).

If banning's too extreme, every post he makes with "standard desktop" should go to a queue, or maybe just the great bit bucket in the sky.

Comment

GTK3 is the relation! RH is investing high profile developer resources in high profile apps like LibreOffice and Firefox. This is how it pays off.
                Breaking news: having a big company investing money into development gets job done.

Next breaking news: there is no major company paying to get Qt usage in Linux.

Comment

True. Still the "QT above all" narrative lives.
                  That's probably because if you aren't in the hand-picked projects that Red Hat likes (and pays developers for) it's better.

Comment

QT = QuickTime. Learn to troll properly.

Comment

Working...
                    X