Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.26: Wayland vs. X.Org Performance - Boot Times, Power Use, Memory Use & Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrayShade View Post
    About X forwarding over SSH, I assume. I agree that a lot of people use it
    then both of you could continue using x

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
      I get why you cannot make a good sales pitch.
      i get that you don't get what you want because you show no money

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        And yet, after all this time, Wayland still doesn't compare favorably to this "dead end".
        only when measured by idiots like you
        1) it was not wayland comparison, but gnome-shell comparison. there are other wayland compositors
        2) if you don't want all your input to be stolen and all your windows content to be read by someone, x11 loses before start. that is why it is a dead end

Comment

I expected it to show some promising performance numbers at it's current stage.
          this is because you are off your meds. wayland never promised some promising performance numbers

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            this is because you are off your meds. wayland never promised some promising performance numbers
            Don't be butthurt. They did say it will be faster. You only must have missed it. Do you need a link or can you find it yourself?

Why are you a fan of Wayland?

Comment

In this demonstration wayland/weston appears to provide much more reactivity to utilities tested on the same moderate hardware system. The method used by wayland allows to save 2 passages in confront of xorg, so wayland is more efficient.

The more efficient linux operating systems are, the stronger they will be in the market. Linux operating systems being rigid and penalized by both development and fragmented organization have difficulties in the implementation of innovations. It's merely a question of organization and orthodoxy due to mental rigidity which slow the modernization.
              Last edited by Azrael5; 12 September 2017, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                https://youtu.be/Ux-WCpNvRFM

In this demonstration wayland/weston appears to provide much more reactivity to utilities tested on the same moderate hardware system. The method used by wayland allows to save 2 passages in confront of xorg, so wayland is more efficient.

The more efficient linux operating systems are, the stronger they will be in the market. Linux operating systems being rigid and penalized by both development and fragmented organization have difficulties in the implementation of innovations. It's merely a question of organization and orthodoxy due to mental rigidity which slow the modernization.
                Is Phoronix testing it all wrong?

Comment

Is Phoronix testing it all wrong?
                  do you consider it wrong? the results are good in my opinion. Question is: how many utilities and program tested are natively based on wayland?
                  Last edited by Azrael5; 12 September 2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                    do you consider it wrong? the results are good in my opinion. Question is: how many utilities and program tested are natively based on wayland?
                    If the video you've shown isn't just fake, but was made under fair conditions then it should be possible to measure a difference and to show this with a benchmark.

Comment

If the video you've shown isn't just fake, but was made under fair conditions then it should be possible to measure a difference and to show this with a benchmark.
                      the video shows the same operation made in the two different environment. Visually you can see the difference:

Here the technical explanation about the benefit of wayland.
                      Last edited by Azrael5; 12 September 2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X