Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
    much needed , gotta say the current one is bloated, just like KDE itsself
    Do you realize the current one mirror's the one Gnome's uses, right? And that Gnome is now switching to a method that was used in KDE until version 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Up123 View Post
      Looks good so far, but are they switching to CSD?
      Originally posted by polarathene View Post
      Oh I see the screenshot they've inlined the window controls instead of traditional decorations...No clue then if that's functional UI instead of concept graphic.

Note that Andy Betts updated his blog post to include the following statement:

UPDATE: I should make a statement as it seems that others have been misled. This mockup is only a graphical concept, not a developed application. I am not a developer, I am a visual designer. This mockup is intended to have the KDE team review and come to a consensus to develop System Settings to something like I have proposed. The mockup is missing a few things, title bar, search fields, labels, and buttons. I hope it is evident that those changes will be included.

Comment

Y e t a n o t h e r G U I " u p d a t e " t h a t u s e s a t o n o f s p a c e . . .
        W h a t w i l l b e n e x t ? t e x t m o d e i n t e r f a c e s w i t h l o t s o f s p a c e i n t h e m ?

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          The current one was already quite good in my opinion and being able to search by name was awesome. There are other areas which need much more effort than this.
          Now,
          we'll get more of this '2Dish', mobile, tiles crap...
          All the 90ths UI research is for the basket I feel. --- Sad.
          UIs are OLD school we hear since mobile dominates.

Comment

nuetzel There's beauty in simplicity. it have it's own qualities.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Do you realize the current one mirror's the one Gnome's uses, right? And that Gnome is now switching to a method that was used in KDE until version 3?
              nope, im not a KDE user by Trade

Comment

It may look nice and awesome, but its still KDE, so I won't use it. KDE is a complicated mess!

Comment

I wonder if people spend whole days on system settings ... I make my changes when I install the operating system and then happen rarely.
                  So I care little, the important thing is that they do not take away things ... I like having the ability to handle my touchpad when I was on Gnome could not do anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X