Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE System Settings UI Is Still Getting Overhauled

Phoronix: KDE System Settings UI Is Still Getting Overhauled

The GNOME Control Center was revamped this summer and even the Haiku settings area while KDE developers are also working on overhauling their System Settings user-interface...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just let me search by name and I'm good.

Comment

much needed , gotta say the current one is bloated, just like KDE itsself

Comment

The current one was already quite good in my opinion and being able to search by name was awesome. There are other areas which need much more effort than this.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          much needed , gotta say the current one is bloated, just like KDE itsself
          And you thought about posting this less than a week after Michael actually tested various DE and found no significant differences. Smart.

Comment

I don't get the obsession with vertical tabs. They are a total UX nightmare. That's just not how the human eye scans interfaces.

Comment

Looks good so far, but are they switching to CSD?

Comment

This looks much better than the first draft of the new design.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

And you thought about posting this less than a week after Michael actually tested various DE and found no significant differences. Smart.
                  not exactly. he found that kde in ubuntu+kde is bloated and that kde in opensuse tumbleweed is lightweight. In comparison even gnome could be called bloated on tumbleweed. But as long as a DE does not need much more than 1GB RAM I am fine, as long as it does something useful with it.
                  On machines with 4GB RAM or less this is of course a different story.
                  Last edited by tomtomme; 07 September 2017, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

not exactly. he found that kde in kubuntu is bloated and that kde in opensuse tumbleweed is lightweight. In comparison even gnome could be called bloated on tumbleweed. But as long as a DE does not need much more than 1GB RAM I am fine, as long as it does something useful with it.
                    On machines with 4GB RAM or less this is of course a different story.
                    KDE is borked (not bloated) in Ubuntu. Kubuntu is ok, I use it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X