Mozilla Firefox Finally Fixes An Awkward, 11 Year Old Linux Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EKRboi View Post
    Mozilla needs to get their stuff together.
    mozilla is busy doing rewrite in toy language

Comment

... I always used this as a nice feature...

Comment

Originally posted by rudregues View Post
        ... I always used this as a nice feature...
        So? Then you re-enable it. Problem solved.

Comment

Talking about small patches that lead to big results:

I just found out that re-enabling legacy extensions in Firefox 57 is literally one pref away.
          Most extensions that don't also depend on Aurora specific UI features (Tab Center doesn't seem to work, I'm afraid. Simply won't render the vertical panel) seem to still work nicely that way.

extensions.legacy.enabled = true

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post

Lol, years of planning is finally coming together in release 57. Hopefully it is worth the wait.

Exactly.
            They have driven me to Chromium, and PaleMoon on my machines, also looking at Falkon.
            Years of hard work is finally paying off for Mozilla, they have finally managed to make Google Chrome popular on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
              I just found out that re-enabling legacy extensions in Firefox 57 is literally one pref away.
              Yeah, but they've already started removing code that legacy extensions depended on, and the removal will only continue. So that pref is no guarantee that your favorite legacy extension will continue working. In fact, most will not.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
                Yeah, but they've already started removing code that legacy extensions depended on, and the removal will only continue. So that pref is no guarantee that your favorite legacy extension will continue working. In fact, most will not.
                Oh I know.
                Just seemed "fascinating" to me that they'd only flip a switch for legacy extension whereas most of Aurora is already completely gone.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

And the recent Google scandal wouldn't apply here too? Maybe you should use Vivaldi as it is too young to had done any social justice error...
                  What one of the Google scandals? There are tons of them :P

Comment

Originally posted by Uqbar View Post
                    Whaaat? An 11 yo bug got fixed?
                    And what about a 19 yo bug in Firefox dating back to the glorious Netscape days?
                    And it is affecting all opensource browsers, not just Firefox!

Go and see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=915
                    Web browsers suck, indeed...

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                      it is actually first one. ctrl-c copies from first to second
                      Actually X11 only nows about 9 cut buffers (old, xterm style, text only), and selections ("new" style, class matching). You can also add a clipboard program to make sure copy paste between cut buffers and selections work.

Comment

Working...
                      X