Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hipsters are going to abandon linux since it's too mainstream

Comment

Most corporations still are using IE("enterprise edition") as default browser even if they proclaim that they innovate in their hearts("IE - innovation" is oxymoron) and Windows as default OS.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        not sure, what did you try to say
        pa is standard and i thought it is used by ubuntu
        pa is not standard.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
          Walmart and BestBuy don't know much about tech, but they do know retail, and they won't give shelf space to stuff that doesn't sell.
          It comes down to how much time they have been sitting there.
          Many stores here still have laptops from 2 years ago sold as new and somewhat fake "discount" prices.
          They make most of their cash by selling food, household stuff, school stuff, and other consumables, they just need to show they have technology too, selling loads of it isn't top priority.

Big store management isn't as easy as you assume, many times they stock stuff only to attract customers so they will shop for all their needs from the store/chain, not because the specific article sells a lot on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by Hendrix View Post
            hipsters are going to abandon linux since it's too mainstream
            Hipsters are on Mac already.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
              pa is not standard.
              maybe in some alternative universe

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

pa is not standard.
                you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Schugy View Post
                  Especially in my RC hobby there is a lot of stuff I can't buy and make use of:
                  My problem too. Looking for a simulator, so I don't have to learn inverted flight the hard way (first attempt, my Trex 450 took a brutal crash) but my local RC shop didn't have *anything* to sell me. Even the guy behind the desk was surprised about that.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post

Please skip the jokes, really. It is not that I don't like to have fun but it selfom works over the internet. Jokes or claims of trolling also happen to be an easy way out from a tough argument. I'm not here for the laughs. I'm here for linux.
                    Ok. Sorry about the jokes, then.

It's not that i'm using them as a way out, because, in this case, i really don't need one. It's a casual chat

By the way, i'm not "here for linux". I'm here for the best tech (what ever it may be)... if in the meanwhile we can have a good time/a few laughs in the way, why not...! Also being here for "product x" make a person sound like they vow to that product!
                    What if something better comes along? Ever thought of that?

Anyway, not trying to start a war or anything... just expressing my way of thinking

Long live diversity
                    Last edited by Mavman; 05 September 2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                      if well optimized gaming sector could increase the linux operating systems spread. Since the 2008 the linux operating systems will be generically better than microsoft operating systems.
                      since at least 1998

Comment

Working...
                      X