Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Applications 17.08 Released, More Apps Ported To KF5

Phoronix: KDE Applications 17.08 Released, More Apps Ported To KF5

Out today is the latest four-month update to the KDE Applications collection of desktop packages...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ugh.... "Umbrello". What a horrible and un-creative name. Without a K in it, surely it isn't worthy of KF5. </sarcasm>

But in all seriousness, it's great seeing the todo list shrink so much. I figure anything that doesn't get ported isn't worth porting in the first place. I wonder how much they have left?

Comment

schmidtbag Kopete is still missing, f.ex.. I'm hoping for the best

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Ugh.... "Umbrello". What a horrible and un-creative name. Without a K in it, surely it isn't worthy of KF5. </sarcasm>

But in all seriousness, it's great seeing the todo list shrink so much. I figure anything that doesn't get ported isn't worth porting in the first place. I wonder how much they have left?
        Is there a list of apps that will be axed because they're not ported?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Is there a list of apps that will be axed because they're not ported?
          Porting status is here: http://imagezero.maxiom.de/files/portingstatus.html

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
            AH, my memory is failing me, because I've seen that page before.
            Amarok is gonna hurt and plasma-systemd-integration looks like something strange to be left behind...

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post

Umbrello... Umbrella... Umbrella Corporation... Illuminatti confirmed!

Comment

Konsole has always supported "unlimited scrollback", this is not new in this release. What this release brings is support for the scrollback file to go above 2GB in size.

Comment

I think it is overdue to get rid of kdelibs4 and Qt4 and to make all applications KF5 and Wayland compatible. If some applications are left behind, so be it, especially if these are just some games. Amarok never worked well for me and was way too complicated, but Babe works perfectly and it looks surprisingly beautiful.

Anyway, I'm happy about this release! All applications did run really stable even in the rc phase :-)
                  Last edited by R41N3R; 19 August 2017, 05:53 AM. Reason: Update: Kmail and KAddressbook work fine now on Wayland, removed that sentence.

Comment

The Dolphin file manager in KDE Applications 17.08 now supports reporting deletion time (when files are in the trash) and creation time on supported OSes/file-systems...
                    It's kinda unbelievable how much you have to wait on Linux for a basic and common sense feature like creation time display in file properties, but nevertheless I'm very happy that it's finally implemented in a file manager.
                    It's no wonder that Dolphin is praised by so many people and KDE is the best and most user friendly DE at this time, at least in my opinion.
                    Congratulations and many thanks to its developers!

Comment

Working...
                    X