Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Launches .NET Core 2.0 With Better Linux Support

Phoronix: Microsoft Launches .NET Core 2.0 With Better Linux Support

Microsoft announced the .NET Core 2.0 release this morning and it comes with continued Linux support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In before someone trots out the EEE meme and thinks they're clever/funny.

Comment

I code in a variety of languages, including PHP, Python, JavaScript, Java and C#. I have to say C# and .NET Core is an awesome platform. I love it! <3

C# is such a beautiful, elegant language. The .NET Core is such a well thought out, well designed, well architectures framework.

Comment

Phoronix: Mono 5.2 Released With Various Changes On the same day as Microsoft releasing .NET Core 2.0, the Mono folks are out with a software update of their
        Last edited by RussianNeuroMancer; 15 August 2017, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I code in a variety of languages, including PHP, Python, JavaScript, Java and C#. I have to say C# and .NET Core is an awesome platform. I love it! <3

C# is such a beautiful, elegant language. The .NET Core is such a well thought out, well designed, well architectures framework.
          Yeah. C# is really well thought language. It has real method naming convention compared to Java's println & Co.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianXFCE Jr View Post

Yeah. C# is really well thought language. It has real method naming convention compared to Java's println & Co.
            It's true. It's my favorite language also.
            The only problem i have with it is that it's in the hands of private company with comercial interests.
            M$ does a lot of bad things, C# isn't one of them.

Comment

Now all we need is a GUI framework for .Net Core, preferably with the same functionality of XAML/WPF.

Comment

Working...
              X