Firefox 55 Is Ready To Shine With Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    I only care about FF's GUI responsiveness, which is pathetic especially when dealing with several tabls. Memory consumption and Javascript performance are irrelevant to me as a user because they're not the problem. Using kde neon kf5.
    If not for the shitty responsiveness I'd only be using Firefox.
    Again, if you haven't tried the Firefox 57 Nightly build give it a try. It's noticeably faster than older versions of Firefox in real world usage.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

It's not even using GTK for the actual layouting.
      There's XUL and, lately, an increasing number of HTML5 based views.
      Isn't XUL deprecated?
      The GTK3 integration is just for "look n'feel" in DE, not important except for the open file dialog.

Comment

FF 55 fixes the bug that caused Firefox Sync to put bookmarks into a random order. Good thing the fix finally goes out to stable.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Unfortunately Firefox does not yet support the <dialog> element, and does not have Wayland support, also doesn't use GtkHeaderBar on Linux.
          OMG. I swear I was jokingly going to post this and tag you. You could at least show also a positive side: <date> and <time> inputs are now supported, and you've been asking for that for I don't know how many releases.

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

OMG. I swear I was jokingly going to post this and tag you. You could at least show also a positive side: <date> and <time> inputs are now supported, and you've been asking for that for I don't know how many releases.
            BTW they are still disabled on my FF 55...

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post

BTW they are still disabled on my FF 55...
              I thought it had shipped by default already (but it was Nightly!). You can turn on the setting though , eg:
              Code:
              dom.forms.datetime

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                Firefox uses pulseaudio only, chrome works with alsa. Anything that requires pulseaudio does not Shine With Performance Improvements. Pulseaudio is buggy and requires several % of cpu time.
                I've never had any issue with pulseaudio. Read the article below. Chances are you can fix whatever issue you are having. That said, the reality is that Mozilla is a not-for-profit corporation that has limited resources. They decided it was more practical and efficient for them to support only pulseaudio, since most people already use it.
                PulseAudio is a powerful, yet often misunderstood sound server commonly used with the ALSA Sound Architecture for the Linux desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post

Take a look at uMatrix. Can block everything you want it to, is highly configureble and WebExtension ready.
                  I see no need for NoScript with this.
                  But does that have the other stuff, like ClearClick, ABE and anti-XSS?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                    Firefox uses pulseaudio only, chrome works with alsa. Anything that requires pulseaudio does not Shine With Performance Improvements. Pulseaudio is buggy and requires several % of cpu time.
                    Use apulse (or Pale Moon) and quit your whining.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                      Doesn't look as easy as NoScript, but I'll give it a shot.
                      uMatrix is powerful as fuck, but on many sites it is pretty much unusable because there are hundreds of things. Also I'm pretty sure it has a "save current settings" button in its main table interface.

Hell, on many "news" (clickbait) sites it's nearly impossible to navigate even with noscript.

Now, anyone knows a good plugin for setting a proxy? And I mean one of those "pick a proxy from a list for me because I'm lazy" plugins, not the "hunt the proxy down yourself and I'll give you a pretty interface to add it". I've used several over time, but all seem to be gone unmaintained.
                      I use Tor browser bundle for that, it never lets me down or fucks up the page.

Comment

Working...
                      X