Firefox 55 Is Ready To Shine With Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doesn't use GtkHeaderBar on Linux.
    Do you realize that firefox is not a GTK app, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
      I must be the only one having an issue with recent versions of Firefox. I can browse for a little while then suddenly it can't connect to any websites anymore, no issues with Chrome and it's not my Internet. This is with a fresh install of FF no add-ons. I'm stumped.
      I've seen this a few times recently: tabs just crash (all of them) out of the blue and I need to reload them. Haven't seen it often enough to get annoyed though.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Firefox 57 looks exciting, however I use NoScript and Adblock Plus which haven't been ported to WebExtensions yet.
        https://hackademix.net/2016/03/09/we...re-were-going/
        Take a look at uMatrix. Can block everything you want it to, is highly configureble and WebExtension ready.
        I see no need for NoScript with this.

Comment

about:buildconfig

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post

Take a look at uMatrix. Can block everything you want it to, is highly configureble and WebExtension ready.
            I see no need for NoScript with this.
            How do you block scripts using uMatrix?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

You simple uncheck the "script" collum of the blocking table you see when you click the icon. You can block scripts and other elements on a domain basis. You can also set custom rules in the addon settings to always block, always block for 3rd party or always block from specific domains.
              Note that when you change something in the blocking table, you need to make the change permanent by going into the settings -> custom rules.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

This could explain a little bit: http://adamantine.me/index.php/2015/...-needed-guide/
                Although the author is not using the extension anymore himself, AFAIK: https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigi...ger_necessary/

Also you should be probably using uBlock Origin (from the same author as uMatrix) instead of AdBlock Plus anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
                  Another FF version with great GTK3 work.
                  It's not even using GTK for the actual layouting.
                  There's XUL and, lately, an increasing number of HTML5 based views.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    Firefox 55 will have greatly improved startup time with many tabs. It has never been this fast.
                    I very much look forward to Firefox 55 and also 57.

Unfortunately Firefox does not yet support the <dialog> element, and does not have Wayland support, also doesn't use GtkHeaderBar on Linux.

Firefox 57 looks exciting, however I use NoScript and Adblock Plus which haven't been ported to WebExtensions yet.

Maone is working on porting NoScript to WebExtensions.
                    https://hackademix.net/2016/03/09/we...re-were-going/
                    There are unofficial Wayland builds.

I know. Not the best solution, but they work well and come as flatpak packages.

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post

You simple uncheck the "script" collum of the blocking table you see when you click the icon. You can block scripts and other elements on a domain basis. You can also set custom rules in the addon settings to always block, always block for 3rd party or always block from specific domains.
                      Note that when you change something in the blocking table, you need to make the change permanent by going into the settings -> custom rules.
                      Doesn't look as easy as NoScript, but I'll give it a shot.
                      Now, anyone knows a good plugin for setting a proxy? And I mean one of those "pick a proxy from a list for me because I'm lazy" plugins, not the "hunt the proxy down yourself and I'll give you a pretty interface to add it". I've used several over time, but all seem to be gone unmaintained.

Comment

Working...
                      X