No announcement yet.

Firefox 55 Is Ready To Shine With Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 55.0b14 on Android. It starts quickly enough but simply won't go near 25 Tabs without memory errors causing problems.

This (and some other) Website is great that it saves a Draft since switching to another Tab to cut-n-paste something often causes a reload.

Sometimes it's uptime is days, sometimes just hours. I praise them for getting bi-weekly Updates out as a couple of years ago you'd be lucky to get bi-annual Updates on this Platform.

Still no getting away from Chrome which I must use on some Sites to get layout working.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      uMatrix is powerful as fuck, but on many sites it is pretty much unusable because there are hundreds of things. Also I'm pretty sure it has a "save current settings" button in its main table interface.

Hell, on many "news" (clickbait) sites it's nearly impossible to navigate even with noscript.
      What I like in NoScript is that it allows TLD scripts for the site you're visiting by default (thin can be changed in the settings). Without that, a lot of sites will break on first load. And I'd hate to have to configure that for every site I'm visiting.

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      I use Tor browser bundle for that, it never lets me down or fucks up the page.
      Obvious solution was kind of in my face, eh?

Comment

I just upgraded my Solus system and this included going from FF 54 to FF 55.

I could swear that FF loads and feels both faster and smoother...

Comment

Originally posted by gbcox View Post

I've never had any issue with pulseaudio. Read the article below. Chances are you can fix whatever issue you are having. That said, the reality is that Mozilla is a not-for-profit corporation that has limited resources. They decided it was more practical and efficient for them to support only pulseaudio, since most people already use it.
          You're feeding a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            What I like in NoScript is that it allows TLD scripts for the site you're visiting by default (thin can be changed in the settings). Without that, a lot of sites will break on first load. And I'd hate to have to configure that for every site I'm visiting.
            You can set up uMatrix the same way, to allow 1st party scripts (same TDL) by default.
            That said, turns out i was wrong about uMatrix being WebExtensions ready, shows up as legacy addon after upgrading to FF 55. At least is works with multi process windows.

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

I thought it had shipped by default already (but it was Nightly!). You can turn on the setting though , eg:
              Code:
              dom.forms.datetime
              Thanks. I tried it on a web page I developed and it doesn't look great (the checkbox is too small). On MS Edge it is OK.
              According to this comment date input type is still far from being usable and enabled by default.

Comment

Originally posted by saulo View Post

Isn't XUL deprecated?
                Externally, yes.
                Internally, there are still huge chunks of it left.

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post
                  You can set up uMatrix the same way, to allow 1st party scripts (same TDL) by default.
                  That said, turns out i was wrong about uMatrix being WebExtensions ready, shows up as legacy addon after upgrading to FF 55. At least is works with multi process windows.
                  Well that's good news. And at the same time, bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post

I use only FF and never had that issue...
                    What kind of error message do you get?
                    Have you checked if the preferences are correct? Like proxy or something like that?
                    Yeah I've checked everything, there is no error. It spins for awhile then says Server not Found. Other browsers (Chrome) work fine. Phone Company guy saying line is totally OK. It's perplexing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post

Yeah I've checked everything, there is no error. It spins for awhile then says Server not Found. Other browsers (Chrome) work fine. Phone Company guy saying line is totally OK. It's perplexing.
                      Have you tried alternating between 'No proxy', 'Automatically detect settings' and 'Use system settings' in Setings> Advanced> Network?
                      Or even clearing the cache.
                      Also FF has a reset switch: type 'about:support' in the address bar and then press the restore button.

See if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                      X