No announcement yet.

The Blockers For GTK4: Constraint-Based Layout, Finished OpenGL Renderer & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blockers For GTK4: Constraint-Based Layout, Finished OpenGL Renderer & More

Phoronix: The Blockers For GTK4: Constraint-Based Layout, Finished OpenGL Renderer & More

At last week's annual GUADEC GNOME developer conference, the state of the GTK4 tool-kit was a hot discussion item...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really look forward to the color emoji support and is saddened that its not been done long ago.
    This have impacted my Linux desktop experience negatively.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I really look forward to the color emoji support and is saddened that its not been done long ago.
      For one, i couldn't care less about emojis. Colored or uncolored... In fact i'd rather not have them.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Huh! Why?

Comment

Typo?:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          OpenGL equivalent fromt Vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
            Huh! Why?
            Maybe because sarcasm?

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post

For one, i couldn't care less about emojis. Colored or uncolored... In fact i'd rather not have them.
              Why? Are you going to tell us all about the infantile nature of emojis and how they're ruining communication by eliminating subtext and complexity?

Because that's what I'd say during my edgy teenage years, all while using smileys because they were okay

Oh, I mean ))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post

You wouldn't have to use them. But if the software supports it then that is a good thing.
                Else if you rather not have them then you wouldn't be able to see them when people use them, and you would miss out on content, which might result in more misunderstandings and you not understanding posts on forums and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                  Huh! Why?
                  When I am on forums and websites that use Disquss then I miss out on all the emojis. People use them, I don't see them or see them for what they are, so I get a less understanding of what was posted.

The guy who posted that comment, was he happy, sad, ironic, angry, excited or confused? I don't know, because I use Linux which don't support colored emojis.

Comment

As long as they don't break OpenGL initialisation, buttons, menus and image behaviour I don't care. I seriously don't know if I'll bother keeping mg2modeller on GTK if they keep changing the API. I like a lot of things about the GTK API (mostly because I can at least understand GTK code) I don't have a viable alternative without putting in far too much effort learning a new API/dramatically increasing my C++ knowledge. This is probably the biggest problem with the open source desktops. The API developers have the app developers by the balls. Any changes can totally mess up your project workflow.

Comment

Working...
                    X