Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome/Chromium Turns On Support For OpenType Variable Fonts

Phoronix: Chrome/Chromium Turns On Support For OpenType Variable Fonts

Google's Chrome/Chromium web-browser has now enabled support by default for OpenType Variable Fonts...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very cool. I've been waiting for this to filter through the whole stack. It's the most interesting new development in computer type since hinting.

Comment

Now if it could turn on support for Wayland then that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Would it possible for you to not complain about something off-topic (usually about the software being mentioned, but rarely about features being talked about) in every article thread, please.

Comment

Hopefully Google will fix their error so it's available.
          Code:
          W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 6494C6D6997C215E W: Failed to fetch http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/dists/stable/Release.gpg  The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 6494C6D6997C215E W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
          Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
            Hopefully Google will fix their error so it's available.
            Code:
            W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 6494C6D6997C215E W: Failed to fetch http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/dists/stable/Release.gpg The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 6494C6D6997C215E W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
            wget -q -O - https://dl-ssl.google.com/linux/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo apt-key add - The fix redownload and apply the google signing key. Really google need to fix their key transition process. Yes you will need to also delete the old google key. apt-key list last 8 chars in my case I had to do "apt-key del 7FAC5991" to get rid of the expired key. A lot of people are adding the new key but failing to remove the old google key.

Comment

oiaohm Thank you for the info the error is gone atleast. :-)
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
              Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                Would it possible for you to not complain about something off-topic (usually about the software being mentioned, but rarely about features being talked about) in every article thread, please.
                Have no fear, I'll handle him!

uid313 but then Wayland needs to get usable first. However it still didn't have primary clipboard in the main protocol, which is a major usability feature. And because of that primary clipboard still only supported in Gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
                  Have no fear, I'll handle him!

uid313 but then Wayland needs to get usable first. However it still didn't have primary clipboard in the main protocol, which is a major usability feature. And because of that primary clipboard still only supported in Gnome.
                  Nor does it support audio or printing. I am not sure that clipboard functionality is a role that a display protocol should include.

Comment

Nor does it support audio or printing. I am not sure that clipboard functionality is a role that a display protocol should include.
                    X11 certainly did support printing at some point, so there goes your point … Also, I would argue that anything related to input into applications is the display server's job.

Comment

Working...
                    X