No announcement yet.

Enlightenment EFL 1.20 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how well tiling is working in the latest releases? I tried it a back in DR 0.20 and I had random issues. Wasn't quite stable enough for me to switch away from Awesome yet. Also, I never found a really decent system tray replacement.

Comment

raster Now that Ubuntu is back on track, I mean, Wayland it is! Is there any plans to fully integrate Enlightenment into Debian and Ubuntu (with Wayland, of course, and Xine, VLC and etc)? I would LOVE to use your creation but, the lack of "e-packages" for Debian / Ubuntu sucks... :-/

This: https://tracker.debian.org/enlightenment is old stuff... Any chance to allocate people to work on it? I can even make a few Bitcoin donations! :-P

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by ThiagoCMC View Post
        raster Now that Ubuntu is back on track, I mean, Wayland it is! Is there any plans to fully integrate Enlightenment into Debian and Ubuntu (with Wayland, of course, and Xine, VLC and etc)? I would LOVE to use your creation but, the lack of "e-packages" for Debian / Ubuntu sucks... :-/

This: https://tracker.debian.org/enlightenment is old stuff... Any chance to allocate people to work on it? I can even make a few Bitcoin donations! :-P

Cheers!
        I know I don't plan on doing any Debian packages. I left Ubuntu and Debian now years ago for the pastures of Arch. Also there is no fixing of the Debian packages without becoming a Debian developer... and that's a whole bunch of brouhaha I'm not willing to invest time into that I just don't have. If someone else wants to take up this banner - by all means, please do, but I'm certainly not sitting around wondering what to do with my time ... an the only system I have left that doesn't run Arch (runs Debian testing) is my ODROID XU3/4 board. And it's not just me - all of us are busy. I can't just "assign someone". It's up to someone to come forward and volunteer and then do all the packaging, maintenance, keeping up with SID and/or Ubuntu releases, becoming a Debain developer and so on.

Comment

Working...
        X