Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPV 0.26 Media Player Released

Phoronix: MPV 0.26 Media Player Released

For fans of the MPlayer/mplayer2-based MPV media player, version 0.26 was released with a few months worth of improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just try it already if you haven't. It's awesome.

And if you need the man pages for something - and you probably do at some point - it's all in there!

For the ones preferring the convenience of something more wikiesque, here you are:

a free, open source, and cross-platform media player

Comment

yuuuuuuuuup!

Comment

I'm using it for several versions now an I must say once you know the most common / basic hotkeys (or have the reference at hand or the mininal UI) it is a very convenient, rather lightweight and performant universal player.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

I'm using GNOME MPV, which is powered by MPV and I love it so much! It's default on Solus now but I used it before it became the default video player.

Comment

It just rocks!

Comment

Yeap. MPV is great. I'm using it within SMPlayer and it works like a charm!!!

Very happy with it!!!

Comment

And i use it on Windows too
                best player for me with nice and clean gui

Comment

Best player available. But I rarely use it since I can't Chromecast from mpv. It's a lot better seeing video on the TV !

Comment

It supports Wayland!

Not sure if every frame is perfect though. I get tearing with the default -vo opengl.

Comment

Working...
                    X