Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endless OS 3.2 Released, Rebases From GNOME Shell 3.8 To 3.22

Phoronix: Endless OS 3.2 Released, Rebases From GNOME Shell 3.8 To 3.22

Endless OS 3.2 is now available as the newest feature release for this GNOME-based Linux operating system that ships on the budget-friendly Endless Computers and is also available for free to all users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's quite the version jump.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
      That's quite the version jump.
      Indeed, and not one they're in a hurry to repeat. It's the usual challenge when maintaining a fork - you really need to either break away completely and forget about sharing code, or you need to stick very close to what upstream are doing, constantly working to minimise any unnecessary divergence between your code and theirs.

Because otherwise, you're faced with projects like this one - merging years worth of changes, trying to understand every single one of them on both sides, trying to avoid re-introducing bugs because you've accidentally lost something in the merge, etc. I've been through this once or twice, and it's no fun at all.

Comment

Looks interesting, I should try it, though I rarely like gnome 3

Comment

Working...
        X