GStreamer Could Be The First Multimedia Framework Supporting RTSP 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    It is kind of scary you go to a website and then the website fires up a video and it gets loaded by FFmpeg or GStreamer and it attempt to load any of dozens or hundreds different codecs. Kind of scary if any of those contain exploits.

I would like to see decoders written in Rust so it can be safe. Also run in sandbox or something.
    What about changing the architecture so it only loads a few codecs?
    Would that be possible?
    Most web video is converging towards either MP4(H.264, H.265) or webm(VP8,VP9) and audio is either mp3, vorbis, flac or opus)
    Last edited by plonoma; 06 July 2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      It is kind of scary you go to a website and then the website fires up a video and it gets loaded by FFmpeg or GStreamer and it attempt to load any of dozens or hundreds different codecs. Kind of scary if any of those contain exploits.

I would like to see decoders written in Rust so it can be safe. Also run in sandbox or something.

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post
        uid313 33 days until Firefox 55 with <input> date and time.
        Available a few weeks from Nightly
        Experience cutting-edge browser features in pre-release versions: Firefox Developer Edition, Firefox Beta and Firefox Nightly. Download now!

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          I know, it was just another joke about the highlighted user, since "Is input date/time ready and does it run on wayland yet?" are two questions he asks on every thread concerning firefox for quite some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

Available a few weeks from Nightly
            Yeah, I've been following it. Thanks for the info anyway

I was mostly just gently teasing uid313, since he's been asking for that feature for months! (years?)

Comment

Working...
            X