Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.10.3 Fixes Longstanding NVIDIA VT/Suspend Issue

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.10.3 Fixes Longstanding NVIDIA VT/Suspend Issue

KDE Plasma 5.10.3 has been released as the newest bug-fix update to Plasma 5. For NVIDIA Linux users in particular this upgrade should be worthwhile...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've read about this a little earlier ans was wondering how I've never encountered this bug. Then I realized I don't use suspend that much (if at all).
    Good thing it's fixed anyway because a garbled screen is about the worst kind of bug imho.

Comment

I note that on my machine sometimes the operating system hangs: might it be a hardware problem or operating system problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        I note that on my machine sometimes the operating system hangs: might it be a hardware problem or operating system problem?
        Is that a serious question? And even if it is, is this thread the best place for it?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Is that a serious question? And even if it is, is this thread the best place for it?
          For me it is a serious problem. Probably it is a cpu inconvenient. or some other stuff.

Comment

For me it is a serious problem. Probably it is a cpu inconvenient. or some other stuff.
            No doubt system hangs are a serious problem. But are you expecting anyone to be able to tell whether that's a hardware or software problem, with basically no input at all?

Comment

It is not like KDE is the only desktop that suffer from that issue. Mine laptop with nvidia's card and GNOME has this as well, animated up arrow on greeter screen is corrupted.
              If you use Viber messanger it's window is corrupted as well.

Comment

Still having corrupted desktop icons after standby with 5.10.3. I don't blame KDE though, Qt regressions + NV driver blob likely isn't a great combination for such issues.

Comment

However I am happy that developers are managing this inconvenient. Perhaps my own problems happened because of hardware The same problem affected windows operating systems because of cpu + chipset and c1e & or eist.

Kde is my preferred desktop environment.

Comment

The answer is "yes".

Comment

Working...
                    X