Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE KTechLab Is Being Revived After Nearly A Decade Hiatus

Phoronix: KDE KTechLab Is Being Revived After Nearly A Decade Hiatus

The KTechLab integrated development environment focused on micro-controller circuit design and simulation is back to being under development after not seeing a major release since 2009...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

this tool allows to flash bioses into specific chips?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      this tool allows to flash bioses into specific chips?
      No, it is for microcontroller programming. Arduino are microcontrollers, and there are many other chips like that.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        No, it is for microcontroller programming. Arduino are microcontrollers, and there are many other chips like that.
        tks 4 reply. it works with ch341 programmer?

Comment

tks 4 reply. it works with ch341 programmer?
          ch341 is a usb-to-serial chip. Any program that uses a serial port can use ch341. This chip is commonly soldered on chinese Arduino clones to convert the microcontroller's serial port into a USB port you can connect to the PC.
          Genuine Arduino boards use another chip but any usb-to-serial chip works the same if you have drivers.

But ch341 is not a programmer, maybe you mean some other chip name?

Comment

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that project. (But then, 10 years ago I wasn't interested in AVR chips.) A free Linux / BSD native IDE would be interesting, though my poor skills won't bring an IDE to shine and a text editor + compiler and flasher is okay. Still, reading about possible simulations makes me interested.
            But porting to KDE frameworks 5 sounds more than important. After they killed off KDE 4 so quickly one can hardly find a distribution that still supports it (though Gentoo still offers the basic libs and Qt4 for backward compatiblity with yet to be ported programs).
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

There's KiCad. Except microcontroller simulation, this project seems pointless to me. Why not merge efforts with KiCad instead?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                ch341 is a usb-to-serial chip. Any program that uses a serial port can use ch341. This chip is commonly soldered on chinese Arduino clones to convert the microcontroller's serial port into a USB port you can connect to the PC.
                Genuine Arduino boards use another chip but any usb-to-serial chip works the same if you have drivers.

But ch341 is not a programmer, maybe you mean some other chip name?
                Exactly I mean this devices https://youtu.be/5NYe21nFSDI

Comment

Exactly I mean this devices https://youtu.be/5NYe21nFSDI
                  That device programs memory chips, not microcontrollers, so this software won't use it because it is for working with microcontrollers.

Flashrom version 0.9.9 (a program to program memory chips) supports that device. https://www.flashrom.org/Flashrom/0.9.9

Flashrom is available for Debian Stretch. https://packages.debian.org/stretch/flashrom

Comment

Working...
                  X