Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Continues Working On Better NVIDIA Support, PipeWire Could Replace PulseAudio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

After about a decade of waiting about 6 months for AMD to support a new kernel or X, you're faulting Nvidia for taking a week or two to do it. So not hypocritical.
    I switched from NVIDIA to open source radeon drivers years ago... the latter always supports the latest kernel and X.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post

I switched from NVIDIA to open source radeon drivers years ago... the latter always supports the latest kernel and X.
      True, but years ago it was missing a lot of functionality. Even today it's not feature complete.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

True, but years ago it was missing a lot of functionality. Even today it's not feature complete.
        But that's a logical fallacy. It worked fine for almost everyone and it still does. Almost nobody could even tell it was was incomplete, simply because it did everything they tryed to make it do.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

But that's a logical fallacy. It worked fine for almost everyone and it still does. Almost nobody could even tell it was was incomplete, simply because it did everything they tryed to make it do.
          I just read the Vulkan vs. OpenGL On Linux With Core i5, Core i7, Ryzen 7 and guess what I found in there? https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...755#post958755

So yeah, almost nobody could tell was incomplete, except for people still crying even today. At least we're past the point where you had to check OpenGL feature by feature to be able to tell whether a game will run using the open driver or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianSchaller View Post

We are talking with NVidia about this, our hope is that once we remove the obstacles to make hybrid graphics work without things like Bumblebee they have more of a reason and motivation to work with us on finding a way to allow proper hybrid mode between the Intel and NVidia driver.
            Without support from Nvidia it will be difficult. Well, Wayland gives some hope.

Originally posted by gotwig View Post

Dude the situation has been like this for around 6 years. Don't expect to see any change.
            Well, last time they finally implemented PRIME synchronization. But yeah, it's annoying that they ignoring Optimus state on Linux when they "support" this OS.

Well, I took Nvidia, because I was irritaited with AMD drivers (features and performance). But now AMDGPU looks pretty good.
            Last edited by dragon321; 22 June 2017, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X