No announcement yet.

Firefox 55 Beta Prepping Numerous Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Chromium, sans integration with Google. Contribute to ungoogled-software/ungoogled-chromium development by creating an account on GitHub.

Modifications to Google Chromium for removing Google integration and enhancing privacy, control, and transparency

Comment

If they just really fix the dark GTK theme bugs I'd be happy. That has been a problem for many years and it looks like they'll finally close it.

Comment

But still no multi-touch support :-(

Comment

Originally posted by trek View Post
          after dropping gtk2 and alsa support and implementing tons of never-used-than-removed "features" that makes it slower and slower, my only question is: what is the best alternative to firefox?

something with a rendering engine that receives security updates (not an old libwebkitgtk thing), lightweight and with javascript that can be disabled would be optimal to me
          any ideas?
          Brave browser seems great, although not in 1.0 yet. It does come with crap blocking out of the box calling that "shields" with a checkbox to block javascript as part of that. Though, I only really see the need for it when/if you want to run some html5 game or similar that was built against Chrome/Blink.

Mind you I don't think this helps for issues of mandatory SSE2 and pulseaudio, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post

The user interface hangs were fixed for me with Firefox 54 with the multiprocess. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...lity-reporter/ Will tell you if all your add-ons are compatable (if one isn't, multiprocess will be disabled). Once you disable the incompatble extension, firefox will need a restart to switch to multiprocess. about.config dom.ipc.processCount should show the number 4 if it is enabled.
            Ubuntu Modifications 3.2 add-on (installed by default on Ubuntu) unfortunately is not compatible!

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post

Ubuntu Modifications 3.2 add-on (installed by default on Ubuntu) unfortunately is not compatible!
              The bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubufox/+bug/1627808
              Disabling it make multi-window properly working.

Comment

Originally posted by BaronHK View Post
                If they just really fix the dark GTK theme bugs I'd be happy. That has been a problem for many years and it looks like they'll finally close it.
                You sure? I am on v54 and it's still there. :O :C

Comment

Originally posted by freed00m View Post

You sure? I am on v54 and it's still there. :O :C
                  The patch landed for Firefox 55.

Comment

Working...
                  X