No announcement yet.

Mozilla Firefox 54 Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Firefox security updates for XP and Vista users will continue until September 2017, although new features will not be offered. In mid-2017, a final support end date will be announced based on the number of users still on Windows XP and Vista".
    Feel free to use chrome. Oh wait, they dropped xp support more than a year ago. What a pity...

win xp is more than dead concerning any internet connected boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post

Feel free to use chrome. Oh wait, they dropped xp support more than a year ago. What a pity...

win xp is more than dead concerning any internet connected boxes.
      well the excuse, but they are liars.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

well the excuse, but they are liars.
        You saw a thread about Firefox 54 and thought: what a great opportunity to inform readers that Firefox developers are liars? Or how else did you think that useless piece of text belongs in here?

Comment

When will firefox implement the servo engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Gapil301 View Post
            When will firefox implement the servo engine?
            they're doing it bit by bit. There is a couple of things already in there, more will kand with Quantum in version 57

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Here is more facts: Firefox uses pulseaudio only and more RAM a couple of tabs open. Google Chrome is better.
              Here is more facts: Chromium uses pulseaudio and more RAM a couple of tabs Open. Mozilla Firefox is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                I've decided to completely ban firefox from any consideration and use.
                I stopped using it years ago, partly because it had become bloated and slow compared with Chrome, but also because of their SJW infection and subsequent firing of a good CEO a few years back.

Comment

Firefox doesn't support Wayland.

It doesn't do multi-process very well.

(By default, but many distros turn this off.) it installs proprietary software that not even Mozilla can fix when there is a security problem, without explaining the implications to the user. (Widevine)

It still has the bug where if you apply a dark GTK+ theme, the color scheme in Firefox goes horribly wrong and many forms can't be used.....15 years later. Although I hear a fix is in for Firefox 55. I'll believe it when I see it.

GNOME Web is cleaner, faster, and has the good stuff (libhttpseverywhere, ad blocking, tracker blocking, etc.) on and enabled by default and has obliterated the preference mess and the cross-platform compromises that Firefox makes, along with Firefox's completely third-rate Linux support. Mozilla clearly doesn't see Linux as a priority platform. We often go several releases before we get the same features that Windows users get. Sick of it. Sick of it. Sick of it....

Firefox on my computer is a backup web browser, and thankfully I don't have to mess with it very often.

Mozilla wonders why their users are abandoning them. It's because they abandoned their users.

Also, their new website looks dodgy af.

Comment

Ha! so, just because they govern themselves openly and some trouble came to the fore it is worse than a completely closed management structure, where you have no idea how far the rot goes?
                    Buy these people some beer! (made behind closed doors, that may or may not be laden with psychotropics)

Simple fact: If you govern openly, you make yourself available to scrutiny. Thats quite brave. I'd take that any day over a secretive cadre system.

Comment

I doing web app dev after customers request. I am using firefox few time only for debug proupers, few year ago firefox was best on debugin javascript and I still find firefox is best to debugin with. It depens on case to case. I like both chrome, firefox. It depen what I need todo, I working sometime with manufactor often is all their system windows xp and the native app and web apps must working on windows xp. so that why I need firefox and windows xp. It cost to mush to change all system in the factory.

I belive we will see windows xp least 10-20 year more in the factory before they changes to something else, and Emeden machine with windows xp

Comment

Working...
                      X