No announcement yet.

Mozilla Firefox 54 Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, i'm very anxious about their new quantum engine which uses servo, anyone know if i can test it right now?

Comment

The Performance is much much better now. i can use google docs with firefox again. my documents are books with around 500 pages (close to the char limit from docs :/ ). edit this big documents in firefox was horrible slow in the past. Now its much much better and i don't have to start chrome only for it

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

YEs firefox is not a good browser it is slow and overloading the system, the developers and management are inefficient, they are greedy liars because they stated to support XP until the end of the year... they are not serious unlike to take money from donors.
        This is not correct. Firefox 52 ESR supports Windows XP until ~1Q of 2018.

And if you think Mozilla are greedy liars, well, you should perhaps leave this thread.
        Last edited by franglais125; 13 June 2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

YEs firefox is not a good browser it is slow and overloading the system, the developers and management are inefficient, they are greedy liars because they stated to support XP until the end of the year... they are not serious unlike to take money from donors.
          Besides me wondering how Firefox would overload any system stronger than a toaster.... even Microsoft dropped Windows XP support three years ago. It's been quite fast, responsive and well-functioning for me since e10s has landed.

Comment

Any new/rumors/info whatever for HW accel video and accelerated layers by default and stuff??

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

This is not correct. Firefox 52 ESR supports Windows XP until ~1Q of 2018.

And if you think Mozilla are greedy liars, well, you should perhaps leave this thread.
              "Firefox security updates for XP and Vista users will continue until September 2017, although new features will not be offered. In mid-2017, a final support end date will be announced based on the number of users still on Windows XP and Vista".

Comment

Yet it's the browser with Pentadactyl — an awesome productivity addon. Really, once you get used to it, you wouldn't ever want a usual browser back. And there's no analogs on Chromium/Chrome — people tried, but its API is too limited.

Comment

too much troll

Comment

Cool.. still no html5 date/time support!

Comment

"Firefox security updates for XP and Vista users will continue until September 2017, although new features will not be offered. In mid-2017, a final support end date will be announced based on the number of users still on Windows XP and Vista".
                      Uhhh ESR provides all of this? All security updates, no new features. As franglais125 said, XP will be supported via ESR until 2018 Q1.

Also why are people still using this out of date OS? I figured the recent hack that happened would be enough to push everyone off of it. Do people not understand that using an unsupported OS is a security nightmare?
                      Last edited by Mystro256; 13 June 2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X