Xfce Picks Up Hybrid Sleep Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sajmon5544 View Post
    I'm not sure what is recommended but Im using a little swap with low swapiness (google it)
    Me too, but with eMMC this hit performance really bad as soon as RAM became full (swapiness = 10). I wish there would be Dell 5855 with HD screen and 4 GB RAM, but there is either HD and 2 GB RAM or FHD and 4 GB RAM. FHD screen obviously drain battery faster so I bought HD version.

Comment

Ok from the comments here i realize that my statement was wrong. But still they can start xontributing to gnome and kde or major upstream project rather than forking and dividing human resource.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        Use a fast booting and optimized distribution and ssd, then you just shutdown immediately and boot in a couple of seconds. There is a long history of non working pc sleeping modes.
        i do both. i like suspend as i can immediately continue where i left off.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

You will burn capacitors in your Switching Power Supplies faster. I use a power cord with a power switch to disconnect power from all of my devices.
          I too turn off my computers completely when not in use, but it is actually bad for the capacitors as they may degrade when not in use. Aluminum capacitors will degrade (aluminum oxide will spread to the electrolyte) and form leakage currents. Ceramic capacitors will also apparently loose capacitance when not in use, but I don't know the mechanism for those.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Working...
          X