No announcement yet.

Google Plans End To PNaCl Support In Favor Of WebAssembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! This is so true! Every month there's a new fad that you absolutely have to try. So if you do it turns out it's really only good for one particular thing and everything outside that becomes a horrible mess. Of course it's in a permanent "beta" state so there's no point of venting your frustration with it. Then 6 months later someone decides it's time to release version 2 which completely breaks backwards compatibility so everything you've worked on is down the drain, and now there's this new fad you absolutely have to try...

Comment

Originally posted by Staffan View Post

I think Javascript has expanded well beyond it's acceptable usefulness. I agree that it can be useful for some things but the idea that "web apps" should take over everything is a security disaster! There are tons of javascript interfaces now that shouldn't be there like webgl, access to the user's hardware or complex databases. These are already causing huge security issues and it's only going to get worse. It's adobe flash all over again.
      Security disaster or not, it's not "as bad" as flash was/is... at least WASM can be run on opensource engines, so security vulnerabilities can be found and fixed easier, unlike flash, which was one big propriety mess... With that said, not denying the huge security concerns, just saying it's not as bad as flash.

Comment

Too BAD :-(

I hope, that Google won't end PNaCl support. I had plans to use it in my project, which already outputs LLVM IR code/module.

PNaCl is using LLVM modules, and that suits my purposes perfectly.

Comment

Working...
        X