Xfce 4.14 Continues Getting Closer With Its GTK3 Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Seems, author like to use "wow !" and "yai!" there, like me this > so maybe XFCE should be renemed to that "yai!" He also especially like to ending sentences with (!) so much, i counted 24

So, YAI! 24 should be new XFCE if they wanna gain traction and to look modern in the world of marketing
    No offence, but In all honesty you should perhaps consider the fact that you have a tendency to flood your own posts with smileys before complaining about how people write their message.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/groups/xfce.lxde/ if you are interested in xfce o lxqt join

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post

No offence, but In all honesty you should perhaps consider the fact that you have a tendency to flood your own posts with smileys before complaining about how people write their message.
        It's only one smiley () so arguably even more repetitive than "wow" and "yay".

Comment

Complaining about smiley usage like it's 1995?

Comment

I've always pictured dungeon in my head as the Joker, trapped in a cell at the Arkham Asylum, just maniacally adding smilies to everything he can get his hands on while grinning uncontrollably.

Comment

Well I have to admit that all those smileys do make me smile

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                Is there any Xfce Wayland compositor?
                Not yet.

Comment

I think 3.18 or 3.20 is the last time they REALLY broke things, it's been relatively stable for a bit. If they come in after that, it should only break things once, if at all.

Comment

And GTK+3 is playing nice with other desktops than Gnome? I remember when Cinnamon, Mate, and LXDE projects began was because of the direction Gnome devs took with their desktop, and the issues GTK+3 had with the old desktop style apps.

Now, one of the projects went to Qt, the other two went to the toolkit they sweared they will not use. Well maybe not sweared, but you got the idea.

Comment

Oops other three, because XFCE while it existed during Gnome 2, unlike the others, it's also moving to GTK+3.

All those projects should have joined forces and fork GTK+3 into something without that tablet nonsense that they could use.

Comment

Working...
                      X