X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grok
    replied
    Originally posted by rukur View Post
    I like how endless have an "offline" so to speak idea. And the flipping apps over to see the code is insanely useful for people learning coding.
    Great indeed, it used to be that everything was friendly to offline. The DOS/Windows and CD-ROM days.

I only wish we had removable media that's sized like a smartcard or business card, like USB or SD storage but sized for handling by humans. It would also leave room to write what the card's content is about. If it was $1 and 1GB that would be great too though not very realistic yet.
    If debit or credit cards were sized like SD, SIM or micro SD I bet we would be pissed of lol

Leave a comment:

• sgnn7
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    but you have made zero contributions to free software mali driver. why?
    As far as I know (and maybe not the answer you want to hear) it's because the DDK worked just fine. With that extra dev time we were able to do much more on the usability/functionality side of the OS.

Leave a comment:

• rukur
    replied
    I like how endless have an "offline" so to speak idea. And the flipping apps over to see the code is insanely useful for people learning coding.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    why does broadcom want to to sell it in market that wants opensource support, but endless doesn't want to sell it in market that wants opensource support?
    Correct, Endless does not sell to market that wants opensource support. Endless sells smooth user experience to Apple-like end users.
    See their site https://endlessos.com/

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Broadcom makes the chip and wants to sell it better in its market that wants opensource support.

That linux distro only wanted a good user experience.
    why does broadcom want to to sell it in market that wants opensource support, but endless doesn't want to sell it in market that wants opensource support?

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    i'm pretty sure blobs worked fine for broadcom, still broadcom employed open dev
    Broadcom makes the chip and wants to sell it better in its market that wants opensource support.

That linux distro only wanted a good user experience.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by sgnn7 View Post
    we're still around and have done order-of-magnitude more contributions to free software
    but you have made zero contributions to free software mali driver. why?

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    that the blobs worked fine for them, I assume.
    i'm pretty sure blobs worked fine for broadcom, still broadcom employed open dev

Leave a comment:

• LinAGKar
    replied
    Originally posted by elldekaa View Post
    @ikey_solus

What happened to the similar initiative from Solus?
    AFAIK they packaged the Steam runtime, not Steam itself.

Leave a comment:

• Ananace
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    Thanks, but I meant the OSTree repo where the Flatpak packages are hosted
    Guess I should've said Flatpak repository or something along those lines to be more clear about it.

Either way, thanks for the link to the steam flatpak manifests - even if it seems to be just a thin wrapper over the real packaging work they've done in other parts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X