Endless Flatpaks Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ananace View Post
    Are there any links to the OSTree repo for this? Or the Flatpak build manifests?

Would love to see how it's packaged.
    Here you go:
    Flatpak for Valve Steam. Contribute to endlessm/steam-flatpak development by creating an account on GitHub.

Fork of upstream ostree from GNOME. Contribute to endlessm/ostree development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by ssam View Post
      Is there any more information, or a link?

Given that a flatpak is self contained, to the games get installed within the local storage for steam? This would mean that you can't choose a destination for the game outside of your home disk. Is there a way to fix this?

A flatpak'ed app can't start things outside its own sandbox, so the game must be confined within the steam sandbox.
      A flatpak app can have overrides provided to it on launch. In this case you could add "--filesystem=/your/steam/library/path" to the launcher and it should allow access to the games. I did this with Gnome Games so it could access games stored in a shared system folder outside my home directory as well as allow it to hook into other libretro cores not bundled with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
        Thanks, but I meant the OSTree repo where the Flatpak packages are hosted
        Guess I should've said Flatpak repository or something along those lines to be more clear about it.

Either way, thanks for the link to the steam flatpak manifests - even if it seems to be just a thin wrapper over the real packaging work they've done in other parts.

Comment

Originally posted by elldekaa View Post
          @ikey_solus

What happened to the similar initiative from Solus?
          AFAIK they packaged the Steam runtime, not Steam itself.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            that the blobs worked fine for them, I assume.
            i'm pretty sure blobs worked fine for broadcom, still broadcom employed open dev

Comment

Originally posted by sgnn7 View Post
              we're still around and have done order-of-magnitude more contributions to free software
              but you have made zero contributions to free software mali driver. why?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                i'm pretty sure blobs worked fine for broadcom, still broadcom employed open dev
                Broadcom makes the chip and wants to sell it better in its market that wants opensource support.

That linux distro only wanted a good user experience.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  Broadcom makes the chip and wants to sell it better in its market that wants opensource support.

That linux distro only wanted a good user experience.
                  why does broadcom want to to sell it in market that wants opensource support, but endless doesn't want to sell it in market that wants opensource support?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    why does broadcom want to to sell it in market that wants opensource support, but endless doesn't want to sell it in market that wants opensource support?
                    Correct, Endless does not sell to market that wants opensource support. Endless sells smooth user experience to Apple-like end users.
                    See their site https://endlessos.com/

Comment

I like how endless have an "offline" so to speak idea. And the flipping apps over to see the code is insanely useful for people learning coding.

Comment

Working...
                      X