KDE Plasma 5.10 Beta Ships With Folder View Default, Improved Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
    Kayosiii. Did you even read the unofficial warnings?
    What unofficial warning? Martin Graesslin's personal blog? There's nothing about "do not use KDE" in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
      Bug77. No, the claim is he warns against KDE on X! See? Either you use the bad KDE/Wayland or compeomise security on KDE/X.

Or just do like Ubuntu, cut the loses and use the reference desktop on Wayland.
      WHAT CLAIM? Post a damn link or stfu.

Comment

Enough with the troll.

Can anyone report how is Plasma 5.10 working? I'm extra interested in the new touchscreen support, with gestures, and all the improvements in Folder View. Also, has memory consumption reduced?

Comment

Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
          Enough with the troll.

Can anyone report how is Plasma 5.10 working? I'm extra interested in the new touchscreen support, with gestures, and all the improvements in Folder View. Also, has memory consumption reduced?
          the plasmashell 5.9.5 process on my opensuse tumbleweed htpc uses 109 MB RAM right now, same as the dropbox client. Even if I sum up all processes starting with a k (konsole, kwin, klauncher etc.) I reach 230 MB only. Firefox with 4 Tabs open uses the most with 312 MB.
          So whats the problem with memory usage? Do you have 1GB RAM? Do you already use a lightweight browser?
          Last edited by tomtomme; 18 May 2017, 07:24 AM.

Comment

The problem is: I'm a KMail+Akonadi user. So with everything up, three mail accounts, and a 64 bit distro, I hit the 1 GB mark (BTW, GNOME uses way more memory than that, when I use it that way). So, you are right, but so am I. plasmashell uses ~180 MB here, but that's because I am a heavy Folder View user, and I imported my entire Facebook and Google Mail calendars into Plasma.

I'm interested because it was said there were massive improvements in Folder View performance, and memory usage reductions all over the place.
            Last edited by Alejandro Nova; 18 May 2017, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X