KDE Plasma 5.10 Beta Ships With Folder View Default, Improved Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
    You already got told by #32. It is your problem that you ignore such warnings, not mine.
    Look dumbass. That's a a link to Martin Grasslin's personal blog. What you need to provide (if you want to be taken seriously) is a link to a page where a KDE developer literally says "do not use X because it's insecure". But if your intellect cannot grasp that, I'm fine with that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Look dumbass. That's a a link to Martin Grasslin's personal blog. What you need to provide (if you want to be taken seriously) is a link to a page where a KDE developer literally says "do not use X because it's insecure". But if your intellect cannot grasp that, I'm fine with that, too.
      I'm afraid there is no point dealing with griffin, he's a troll so he'll never relent, so give up until he produces that link to a KDE Dev advising against X-Org. Martin Grasslen is important in the KDE world as he is maintainer of KDE Plasma Compositor and Window Manager, and i've not seen him advise against X, only point out some of the risks, as lots of people have, that started the development of Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by rtfazeberdee View Post

I'm afraid there is no point dealing with griffin, he's a troll so he'll never relent, so give up until he produces that link to a KDE Dev advising against X-Org. Martin Grasslen is important in the KDE world as he is maintainer of KDE Plasma Compositor and Window Manager, and i've not seen him advise against X, only point out some of the risks, as lots of people have, that started the development of Wayland.
        I know he's trolling, I was just pointing out how bad of a troll he is. Then again, he successfully derailed this thread, too, so maybe he's not so bad after all.

Comment

this version still can't run with wayland with nvidia blob drivers, right?

Comment

Originally posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
            this version still can't run with wayland with nvidia blob drivers, right?
            Nope. Martin has said KDE does not have the resources to implement whatever changes are needed for accommodating Nvidia's code path. So don't ever* expect support for that.

*ever=the foreseeable future

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Nope. Martin has said KDE does not have the resources to implement whatever changes are needed for accommodating Nvidia's code path. So don't ever* expect support for that.

*ever=the foreseeable future
              nah its more political.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

nah its more political.
                I imagined as much, but whatever the case, the outcome is the same.

Comment

Bug77. You really should spent a few more minutes on what is written instead of just hating. You ask me to show that KDE officialy admit KDE's use of X is insecure. I can't, because they don't! And that is the problem, they KNOW KDE's use of. X is insecure, and only individual developers dare to spill it. I asked for KDE to offer the users an informed choice. It is disrespectful to the users to hide the problems and claim that every release is "better support for Wayland", this can't go on for years.

You still disagree with the source already provided. Do you care to explain why the KDE developer is wrong?
                  Dude, with all due respect are you mentally challenged or something?

You're telling me you can't actually back up your statement because KDE devs don't officially say what you claim they say and then few lines later you still ask me to disprove your claim?

Comment

Dont bring your hate to me. It is your own problem that you don't understand why it is a bad that KDE is not officially acknowledging the security impact with KDE on X when the developers unofficially warn against KDE on X!
                    For the millionth time: where do they warn against KDE?

Gnome developers unofficially warn users not to use Gnome because it can be made to run on top of X and X is not secure. <= See, I can also spew bs without having to prove it.

Comment

Bug77. You really should spent a few more minutes on what is written instead of just hating. You ask me to show that KDE officialy admit KDE's use of X is insecure. I can't, because they don't! And that is the problem, they KNOW KDE's use of. X is insecure, and only individual developers dare to spill it. I asked for KDE to offer the users an informed choice. It is disrespectful to the users to hide the problems and claim that every release is "better support for Wayland", this can't go on for years.

You still disagree with the source already provided. Do you care to explain why the KDE developer is wrong?
                      This exploit requires local access to the machine. It effectively means you can't have a completely secure screen-lock. This is not a huge priority for most users. I personally can count the number of times I have used a screen lock to keep sensitive information away from other people on zero hands.

A fully working KDE on Wayland would be nice but not that many people seem to have their panties in a twist in the way that you do. Personally I am not moving till a desktop I want to use, 3D drivers that are performance/feature competitive with windows are available for my hardware and all of my productivity applications (I create 3d content). All of this is way more important to me on whether my screen lock keeps everybody out or just most people.

Comment

Working...
                      X