Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSXu 0.6 Audio Visualizer & Visual Programming Language Released

Phoronix: VSXu 0.6 Audio Visualizer & Visual Programming Language Released

VSXu, the OpenGL-accelerated audio/music visualizer combined with a visual programming language, released their v0.6 release to end out April. The VSXu 0.6 milestone incorporates more than two years of work...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Been waiting to come across something like this. Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post
      Been waiting to come across something like this. Thank you so much!
      For audio visualizer only, a software called synaesthesia is better than any of the presets in VSXu, because you can differentiate frequencies, not just amplitude. Maybe a custom one could be better though.

Comment

Originally posted by raom View Post

For audio visualizer only, a software called synaesthesia is better than any of the presets in VSXu, because you can differentiate frequencies, not just amplitude. Maybe a custom one could be better though.
        Link? VSXu actually has a programming enviroment that is actually what I am interested in, not someones already made preset. I am not a fan of presets especially with my sound equipment I strip out all factory presets and always build from scratch.

Comment

Synesthesia is a live music visualizer and VJ Software. Create beautiful live music visuals using midi mappable controls. Download the free demo for Mac.

It's Mac only, cost 129$ and seams to be closed source. So no not really an alternative i think.

Comment

Synesthesia is a live music visualizer and VJ Software. Create beautiful live music visuals using midi mappable controls. Download the free demo for Mac.

It's Mac only, cost 129$ and seams to be closed source. So it's not really an alternative.

Comment

I have actually created a lot cooler looking stuff in Kdenlive than anything Synesthesia looks to offer. Of coarse they are two different types of software. Just saying though. One is a music visualizer the other is a video editor. I am going to have to learn some type of of graphics environment like blender or something like VSXu besides just using Kdenlive and Gimp.
              Last edited by creative; 03 May 2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

http://www.logarithmic.net/pfh/synaesthesia is the program I was talking about, not that synesthesia crap.

It's also in the Debian, and I believe Ubuntu repos too.

Comment

Working...
                X