Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

they started over a year ago.
    i just reinstalled KDE, works Great with the closed source Nvidia drivers

Leave a comment:

• Anvil
    replied
    Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

okz, didnt know as im not really a KDE user, i use Gnome more than i ever did KDE. , but yeah i dunno for sure what my issue with KDE is, whether its Blue Artifacs or just Glitches, but i can produce it with anything in KDE, , i'll have to record the KDE desktop to get someone to look at it

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by DebianXFCE Jr View Post
    Why not? If it is not a worth feature then why to have it with desktop in the first place? Just sort the icons by names - list view.
    Ummm.... I asked because I was curious, not because I wanted to shout and look down at his blaspehmy.

For the record: my desktop has files arranged in the grid, sorted (manually) by age, more or less, and every now and then I evaluate and delete/move/archive older ones to keep it at less than half full status.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by ⲣⲂaggins View Post
    Did I ask on Stack Overflow by mistake?
    Is that a place full of people with genuine curiosity about someone else's uncommon statements? (rhetoric question, I know SO and its brethren)

Because I was genuinely curious, I never saw many people ask for something like that.

Visually grouping the contents of a single large folder into spatial patterns beats breaking it up into subdirectories. It's the most basic feature that I've never been able to find in a linux file manager.
    I understand what you mean but it's still an alien concept to me. Don't worry I'm not sending Spanish Inquisition your way (for now).

Leave a comment:

• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    Originally posted by Anvil View Post
    even though i havent tried 5.9.x it'd be Great to see KDE start to migrate to Wayland, i might be able to use it then , i havent been able to use it due to its shitbox Graphics

Leave a comment:

• gbcox
    replied
    phoronix Michael, you need to correct your articles...Chrome integration with plasma WILL NOT happen in 5.10... another commenter posted this link in the original article.
    Key phrase: "...despite what certain news sites claim, it will not be part of Plasma 5.10"
    Well, now that the cat is out of the bag… Something that we’ve secretly been working on: Plasma Browser Integration for Chrome/Chromium, Firefox and Op... - Martin Gräßlin - Google+

Leave a comment:

• ⲣⲂaggins
    replied
    Originally posted by theghost View Post
    I hope you filed a feature request for that on bugs.kde.org
    I try to only bother developers with actual bugs rather than my own personal wishlists, and in particular I don't think this one's important enough to deserve a bug report. My only reason for mentioning it is because the desktop folder view to be enabled by default in plasma 5.10 does have the feature, so one might hope that the feature might also appear in dolphin by virtue of common code sharing. However I believe they have completely different model-view implementations with separate evolutionary history - dolphin's is entirely custom and not simply based on extending a Qt class that does most of the work, so adding manual-arrange to dolphin could be a lot of effort. For such a minor feature with very little gain, a bug report would most likely be greeted with GTFO DIY. Although, looking at some of the even more trivial feature-requests there, I'm not so sure. I mean just take a look at this...

Bug 279038 - Animated zoom effect when entering/leaving a folder (reported 2011-08-01)

When entering/leaving a folder, dolphin should apply a zoom-in/zoom-out animation to visualize to the user what is going on. Moreover, the breadcrumb view should perform an animation effect as well, like sliding the new folder in or out, respectively.
    Also

Originally posted by theghost View Post
    because stackoverflow is not the right portal to address the devs of dolphin.
    Not sure how the thing about stackoverflow managed to get so misinterpreted. "Why do you want to do that?" is probably the #1 most common reply to a question there, which is what I was referring to.

Leave a comment:

• theghost
    replied

Visually grouping the contents of a single large folder into spatial patterns beats breaking it up into subdirectories. It's the most basic feature that I've never been able to find in a linux file manager.

... or maybe the reason for wanting this feature is all too obvious from the edit to my last post:
    I hope you filed a feature request for that on bugs.kde.org because stackoverflow is not the right portal to address the devs of dolphin.

Leave a comment:

• DebianXFCE Jr
    replied

It's Phoronix. Better get used to that.

Leave a comment:

• DebianXFCE Jr
    replied
    Spring loading and folder view by default. Nice to have that. First was always on my wish list. Second is a detail but takes the burden to switch it manually.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X