Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features To Look Forward To In Next Month's KDE Plasma 5.10

Phoronix: Features To Look Forward To In Next Month's KDE Plasma 5.10

We are just one month away from seeing the next KDE Plasma 5 desktop release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The developer flat-out said yesterday that the Chrome integration isn't going to be part of 5.10:

Originally posted by Kai Uwe b
    I planned to do a first official 0.1 release next week and despite what certain news sites claim, it will not be part of Plasma 5.10, let’s give this some testing and bug squashing first, shall we?

Comment

may see initial Chrome integration for Plasma with this forthcoming update.
      Not yet

I am looking forward to the wayland work
      Last time I tried it, they fixed most of the issues I had previously, but tooltips and notifications were appearing in the middle of the screen, and menus in the wrong place. While that's not completely broken, it is annoying :P

Comment

KDE+Wayland has come a long way, but right now my main issues are:
        * Dolphin sometimes crashes when deleting a file (but there are possible solutions to this I haven't tried yet)
        * Mouse clicks sometimes register as drags and it's difficult to make it stop. This seems to be a very recent problem
        * Middle-clicking doesn't paste highlighted text (only works for Xwayland programs)
        * Screen edge/corner events are very finicky
        There are other issues but they're either minor or they don't screw up my normal workflow much. I'm glad there's a feature freeze so devs can prioritize on the bug reports.

Comment

I'm waiting for Firefox to work with Wayland. And another huge one is Wine. That work didn't even start yet.

Comment

You, you, stop hating, Micheal is just very hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
              Not yet

I am looking forward to the wayland work
              Last time I tried it, they fixed most of the issues I had previously, but tooltips and notifications were appearing in the middle of the screen, and menus in the wrong place. While that's not completely broken, it is annoying :P
              Wayland being completely broken might have something do with https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/184278, an interesting thread I came across from the Arch wiki. Makes you wonder whether GNOME are only ahead with the porting because they have monopoly on the toolkit.
              Last edited by ⲣⲂaggins; 28 April 2017, 04:49 PM. Reason: OCD

Comment

One day, the time will come when dolphin lets you manually arrange the icons in each folder. But not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ⲣⲂaggins View Post
                  One day, the time will come when dolphin lets you manually arrange the icons in each folder. But not yet.
                  You mean arranging them like it does with the desktop? Can I ask why you want that? Is being able to arrange icons so useful?

Note that I always used "details" view in both Windows and dolphin (and Caja and whatever else filemanager I used in the past), so I might have missed something.

Comment

even though i havent tried 5.9.x it'd be Great to see KDE start to migrate to Wayland, i might be able to use it then , i havent been able to use it due to its shitbox Graphics

Comment

Working...
                    X