ⲣⲂaggins
    Phoronix Member

• ⲣⲂaggins
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Can I ask why you want that?
    Did I ask on Stack Overflow by mistake?

Is being able to arrange icons so useful?
    Visually grouping the contents of a single large folder into spatial patterns beats breaking it up into subdirectories. It's the most basic feature that I've never been able to find in a linux file manager.

... or maybe the reason for wanting this feature is all too obvious from the edit to my last post:
    Last edited by pBaggins; 04-28-2017, 09:49 PM. Reason: OCD

Leave a comment:

• DebianXFCE Jr

• DebianXFCE Jr
    replied
    You mean arranging them like it does with the desktop? Can I ask why you want that? Is being able to arrange icons so useful?

Note that I always used "details" view in both Windows and dolphin (and Caja and whatever else filemanager I used in the past), so I might have missed something.
    Why not? If it is not a worth feature then why to have it with desktop in the first place? Just sort the icons by names - list view.

Leave a comment:

• Anvil

• Anvil
    replied
    even though i havent tried 5.9.x it'd be Great to see KDE start to migrate to Wayland, i might be able to use it then , i havent been able to use it due to its shitbox Graphics

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    Premium Supporter

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by ⲣⲂaggins View Post
    One day, the time will come when dolphin lets you manually arrange the icons in each folder. But not yet.
    You mean arranging them like it does with the desktop? Can I ask why you want that? Is being able to arrange icons so useful?

Note that I always used "details" view in both Windows and dolphin (and Caja and whatever else filemanager I used in the past), so I might have missed something.

Leave a comment:

• ⲣⲂaggins
    Phoronix Member

• ⲣⲂaggins
    replied
    One day, the time will come when dolphin lets you manually arrange the icons in each folder. But not yet.

Leave a comment:

• ⲣⲂaggins
    Phoronix Member

• ⲣⲂaggins
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Not yet

I am looking forward to the wayland work
    Last time I tried it, they fixed most of the issues I had previously, but tooltips and notifications were appearing in the middle of the screen, and menus in the wrong place. While that's not completely broken, it is annoying :P
    Wayland being completely broken might have something do with https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/184278, an interesting thread I came across from the Arch wiki. Makes you wonder whether GNOME are only ahead with the porting because they have monopoly on the toolkit.
    ⲣⲂaggins
    Phoronix Member
    Last edited by ⲣⲂaggins; 28 April 2017, 04:49 PM. Reason: OCD

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    Premium Supporter

• starshipeleven
    replied
    You, you, stop hating, Micheal is just very hopeful.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl

• shmerl
    replied
    I'm waiting for Firefox to work with Wayland. And another huge one is Wine. That work didn't even start yet.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag

• schmidtbag
    replied
    KDE+Wayland has come a long way, but right now my main issues are:
    * Dolphin sometimes crashes when deleting a file (but there are possible solutions to this I haven't tried yet)
    * Mouse clicks sometimes register as drags and it's difficult to make it stop. This seems to be a very recent problem
    * Middle-clicking doesn't paste highlighted text (only works for Xwayland programs)
    * Screen edge/corner events are very finicky
    There are other issues but they're either minor or they don't screw up my normal workflow much. I'm glad there's a feature freeze so devs can prioritize on the bug reports.

Leave a comment:

• M@yeulC
    replied
    may see initial Chrome integration for Plasma with this forthcoming update.
    Not yet

I am looking forward to the wayland work
    Last time I tried it, they fixed most of the issues I had previously, but tooltips and notifications were appearing in the middle of the screen, and menus in the wrong place. While that's not completely broken, it is annoying :P

Leave a comment:

Working...
X