KDE Plasma Getting Chrome Integration, Followed By Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post
    Notification, file open, send to phone, etc. I genuinely like when browsers blend into the OS instead of pretending to be their own special snowflake, practically an OS in your OS. Y'know, act like a proper app.
    as a web dev, I liked when Unity let you define launcher items, and how mobile chrome let's you define a browser chrome color (meta theme-color).
    Hm, thinking again about this, yes was also for this without even knowing (beyond the "please use my desktop's theme damnit" that I guess is a bit superficial).

I'm rooting for projects like Nativifier https://github.com/jiahaog/Nativefier or ice https://peppermintos.com/guide/ice/ that turn webapplications into local applications, and such things are still running on the browser as a backend. If the browser itself is well-integrated, the "nativized" application will also be.

Comment

what will this mean for the crapola Qupzilla Browser? which IMO is shit anyway , Kevin Kofler trying to shove it down peoples throats

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
        what will this mean for the crapola Qupzilla Browser? which IMO is shit anyway , Kevin Kofler trying to shove it down peoples throats
        QupZilla (which I disagree with that it's crap, it's just that QtWebEngine is currently buggy and lacking features) already uses native Linux notifications on every single DE. So features supported by the DE's notification system are working fine.

Btw, who is Kevin Kofler?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

QupZilla (which I disagree with that it's crap, it's just that QtWebEngine is currently buggy and lacking features) already uses native Linux notifications on every single DE. So features supported by the DE's notification system are working fine.

google the man an you'll find out, or go into Freenode IRC Server an then join #fedora-kde channel

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

???

*Looks at this guy running*
            *schatches the head*
            *concentrates back on the totally-not-NSA-Sponsored piƱa colada*

Seriously, though, was it ironic? I thought as much, but it can be hard to tell.
            Total tongue-in-cheek! :P

Comment

The KDE/Gnome ecosystem would be really great if they both would use the same toolkit and applications would not be adapted to either one... :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

QupZilla is a great light weight browser, and is excellent for what it is. As far as personal attacks... I would advise not feeding troll-ish comments.

Comment

Yeap, I use QupZilla for the integration, and it works quite fine. Still have to have Chromium for non-free codecs and stuff, though.

Comment

Working...
                  X