Qt 5.9 Beta 2 Now Available For Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post

Please don't. You will see an army of trolls like Griffin liking everything GTK/Gnome and disliking everything Qt/KDE. Unless you do something about the trolls on Phoronix a functionality like this is practically useless. Or, at least, make the ability to vote for Premium Members only.
    yes, good idea. He can give them a title of "Known Troll" instead of "Senior Member"

Comment

Originally posted by sa666666 View Post

I don't know if you realize this, but it has been mentioned before: your broken English is extremely hard to understand. I know that English probably isn't your first language, but you're using words and grammar incorrectly, and then getting angry when people don't know what you're trying to say.
      so fuck you: I hope you understand correctly this once.
      Last edited by Azrael5; 21 April 2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post

Please don't. You will see an army of trolls like Griffin liking everything GTK/Gnome and disliking everything Qt/KDE. Unless you do something about the trolls on Phoronix a functionality like this is practically useless. Or, at least, make the ability to vote for Premium Members only.
        yes I meant poll but I wrote pool.

Comment

Originally posted by sa666666 View Post

I don't know if you realize this, but it has been mentioned before: your broken English is extremely hard to understand. I know that English probably isn't your first language, but you're using words and grammar incorrectly, and then getting angry when people don't know what you're trying to say.
          People speaking in a second language should be applauded for making the effort. if anyone is getting angry over someone communicating in their second language, they should instead help if required and not be a intolerant idiot.

Comment

Hm, I don't know what was fixed but 1,143 bugs which affect 5.7-5.9 with status Blocker/Critical/Important are still open https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBU...7?filter=18470
            So reporting bugs is not enough it would seem

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

so fuck you: I hope you understand correctly this once.
              Michael Any reason this is not promptly rewarded with a ban?

Originally posted by rtfazeberdee View Post

People speaking in a second language should be applauded for making the effort. if anyone is getting angry over someone communicating in their second language, they should instead help if required and not be a intolerant idiot.
              Except in this case the person speaking in a second language is getting angry and acting like an idiot.

Edit: I see Griffin got a ban instead. Not sure why, his last post was his usual complaint about Qt licensing.
              Last edited by bug77; 21 April 2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtfazeberdee View Post

I am sorry, but: No! If you have the time to lurk on Phoronix you also have the time to improve your language skills. While I agree with you that learning a second language is an effort that should be lauded, doing it only halfheartedly should not be.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

Real developers don't use QT or GTK anyways.
                  They use HTML5 *troll*
                  It's not that much trolling. How much people get being hired to program UI using Gtk, Qt, X11, Win32, WinForms, WPF, Carbon, Cocoa, Flash or Silverlight compared to HTML+CSS? Everything is moving in the web browser (people mistakenly think that cloud apps have to run on foreign servers - no, you can often choose whether you want it on their servers or on own server in your building*). Nowadays even mobile and desktop apps are being made using that.

*It's actually pretty fun to hack javascripts of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 in C:\Program Files on the server to e.g. split some pages to halfs and add a mail preview in the bottom half for the selected mail/case/lead. That way our company doesn't have to pay expensive 3rd party solutions (paid per user per month) and Microsoft doesn't have to know (we can remove our hacks before each update or upgrade on our test enviroment so we receive full technical support with the found problems and then after IT installs it on the production server I just put my hacks back).

Comment

Originally posted by jKicker View Post
                    Hm, I don't know what was fixed but 1,143 bugs which affect 5.7-5.9 with status Blocker/Critical/Important are still open https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBU...7?filter=18470
                    So reporting bugs is not enough it would seem
                    The many new blockers now are a policy change to to mark all flaky test issues as blockers, as flaky tests had become common enough to a be issue blocking development. So they are mostly about badly timed tests that failed their timings one out of a 100->1000 times when run on virtual test machines with unusually high loads. That becomes an issue when you have continuous testing that has to pass 10s of thousands of tests on some 40-50 different virtual machine configuration for every commit.

The test you link is even one such issue.
                    Last edited by carewolf; 21 April 2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

The many new blockers now are a policy change to to mark all flaky test issues as blockers, as flaky tests had become common enough to a be issue blocking development. So they are mostly about badly timed tests that failed their timings one out of a 100->1000 times when run on virtual test machines with unusually high loads. That becomes an issue when you have continuous testing that has to pass 10s of thousands of tests on some 40-50 different virtual machine configuration for every commit.

The test you link is even one such issue.
                      Yeah, removing blockers leaves us with 1,128 Critical/Important bugs
                      Firsthand, there is huge amount of bugs, 5.8 and 5.9 are unusable for QML atm.

Comment

Working...
                      X