No announcement yet.

Qt 5.9 Beta 2 Now Available For Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone is wondering why Griffin is not throwing more insults in this thread is because he has been banned after insulting disabled people, insulting non-Gnome people, etc. (https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...481#post947481)

Although Honton, Griffin, etc. use to come back to waste people's life, using a new alias.
    Last edited by Nth_man; 22 April 2017, 05:26 AM.

Comment

The more that a system achieves... the bigger is its bug list. Smaller systems have fewer bug reports. Every software library has bug reports. However, not all the bugs have the same importance, some bugs affect less people, etc. So the first bugs that you go solving are the most important ones, the ones that affect more people.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
        If anyone is wondering why Griffin is not throwing more insults in this thread is because he has been banned after insulting disabled people, insulting non-Gnome people, etc. (https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...481#post947481)

Although Honton, Griffin, etc. use to come back to waste people's life, using a new alias.
        hopefully they will be identified quickly and dealt with. trolls spoil the forum

Comment

Originally posted by Ladis View Post
          It's not that much trolling. How much people get being hired to program UI using Gtk, Qt, X11, Win32, WinForms, WPF, Carbon, Cocoa, Flash or Silverlight compared to HTML+CSS? Everything is moving in the web browser (people mistakenly think that cloud apps have to run on foreign servers - no, you can often choose whether you want it on their servers or on own server in your building*). Nowadays even mobile and desktop apps are being made using that.

*It's actually pretty fun to hack javascripts of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 in C:\Program Files on the server to e.g. split some pages to halfs and add a mail preview in the bottom half for the selected mail/case/lead. That way our company doesn't have to pay expensive 3rd party solutions (paid per user per month) and Microsoft doesn't have to know (we can remove our hacks before each update or upgrade on our test enviroment so we receive full technical support with the found problems and then after IT installs it on the production server I just put my hacks back).
          I actually wasn't very serious, at all (merely attempting to troll Griffin).
          Some of my most mature code is written in Javascript/Typescript and I freaking love Moon, React and Ionic.

Lately I've been dabbling with WebGL, as well as moving parts of the DOM into immediate mode (via HTML-GL) and that happens to work great.

Overall, it's much less frustrating than GTK (which is a pain in the butt, but my Stockholm Syndrome -- powered by third party applications I'm supporting -- won't let me leave ).

I don't have much experience working with QT, but from what little I have worked with it I find HTML5 and QML equally pleasurable.

Comment

Working...
          X