X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting to see Griffin admits he and his cohorts are freeloaders

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
      They should rewrite that shit in gtk+ ... only THEN will I use it, because I don't like applications written in C++, and some other random reasons also.
      Why would anyone want to rewrite KDE in such utter shit? Gtk+ is years behind Qt. Futhermore, KDE memory usage ~450 MB (kwin 30 MB) vs Gnome 1.3 GB (Mutter 200 MB).

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post

Why would anyone want to rewrite KDE in such utter shit? Gtk+ is years behind Qt. Futhermore, KDE memory usage ~450 MB (kwin 30 MB) vs Gnome 1.3 GB (Mutter 200 MB).
        That is bullshit. GNOME was always used less memory than KDE. Although it maybe equal on some distros.

Comment

Originally posted by fedora-user View Post

That is bullshit. GNOME was always used less memory than KDE. Although it maybe equal on some distros.
          No, this is bullshit. It was exactly opposite. I made measurement on Ubuntu, Debian (KDE and Gnome) and Fedora (gnome). And please explain so high mutter memory usage.

Comment

Instead of trolling the whole thread, say something useful like nice KCachegrind was being ported to KDE5.

Comment

Try a decent GNOME3 fork like Solus. Solus use some carefully chosen compile flags and the dev behind tries to follow good heuristics taken from clear linux AFAIK. Also its compositor uses like 30MB of RAM on 64-bit machine compared to mutter 200MB like you mentioned. It is my first try on Solus today as I dumped KDe5 as described in post #2. Solus runs surprisingly well on Athlon64 FX-57 here. The whole distro seems to boot to less than 500MB (that includes Solus's 30MB update checker and some 20MB python printer applet), not bad. This leaves me some spare memory for Steam/HL2 as I only have 1GB in this system.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
                Cool but meh, I'm at the point today where I will stop giving this KDE autistic child a chance and dump DE for good. I have been trying really hard to cope with KDE as my main DE in last 5 years and put up with lots of bullsh*t like akonadi, crashes, etc.

I can literally browse KDE bugs for 2 hours and find at least 50+ bugs that I expierience on daily basis and yet these bugs sit the bugzilla queue as UNCONFIRMED and fixing them would result in boost in UI usability and stability. No dev cares. Such sad state of KDE, it has always been just a big experiment project since 3.x. Qt 5.8 is bugged, no good wayland support in sight. KDE has no future beside being just a project worked among handful german developers and ties to Suse.

Browse kde.bugs.org, hundreds and hundreds of bugs.
                Do you mind to share us on which distribution you got this daily crashes?
                For me KDE is super stable on Arch and I use it daily.
                Maybe you can contribute to the bug reports and to raise the attention, if they are valid.

Additionally, I don't see "hundreds and hundreds of bugs" on kde.bugs.org, you should look at bugs.kde.org.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                  Instead of trolling the whole thread, say something useful like nice KCachegrind was being ported to KDE5.
                  Yeah, really usefull for end users. Memory usage is far more important. Keep for yourself such stupid advises.

Comment

One thing I like about KDE is that their applications are powerful because they are being developed over a long time and get ported to new framework versions.
                    In contrast to Gnome's applications which are developed by the throw-away-lets-make-it-new approach.
                    Every year new Gnome applications are created and being thrown away, with the result that they even lack the most basic features.

Comment

Yeah, really usefull for end users. Memory usage is far more important. Keep for yourself such stupid advises.
                      As I am pretty happy with KDE's memory usage, I care more about useful applications, especially when old and good one's are ported.
                      See also Kajongg (what a horrible name) was ported to KDE5. Maybe you find that more useful for end users.

Comment

Working...
                      X