Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Applications 17.04 Unveiled

Phoronix: KDE Applications 17.04 Unveiled

KDE Applications 17.04 is now available as the latest installment to this collection of KDE-focused programs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool but meh, I'm at the point today where I will stop giving this KDE autistic child a chance and dump DE for good. I have been trying really hard to cope with KDE as my main DE in last 5 years and put up with lots of bullsh*t like akonadi, crashes, etc.

I can literally browse KDE bugs for 2 hours and find at least 50+ bugs that I expierience on daily basis and yet these bugs sit the bugzilla queue as UNCONFIRMED and fixing them would result in boost in UI usability and stability. No dev cares. Such sad state of KDE, it has always been just a big experiment project since 3.x. Qt 5.8 is bugged, no good wayland support in sight. KDE has no future beside being just a project worked among handful german developers and ties to Suse.

Browse kde.bugs.org, hundreds and hundreds of bugs.

Comment

They should rewrite that shit in gtk+ ... only THEN will I use it, because I don't like applications written in C++, and some other random reasons also.

Comment

Using KDE for over 15 years. During that time I only experienced breakage with early KDE4 and later with kdepim. KDE4 I was able to 'survive' until it stabilized, KDEPIM I actually downgraded (to pre-akonadi kmail1) for some period of time, but got back on track when kdepim was released again together with kde-applications. Meanwhile clicked through Unity, Gnome (2, 3), XFCE/LXDE (same wannabe-lightweight shit really), Cinnamon. All of them felt feature-less and ugly.
        Last edited by reavertm; 20 April 2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
          They should rewrite that shit in gtk+ ... only THEN will I use it, because I don't like applications written in C++, and some other random reasons also.
          I know it's a terrible reason for not using something, but I feel exactly the same way with GTK <--> Qt and C <--> C++, so I suppose it's just as well both exist.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
            No, they should rewrite KDE using C++ and gtkmm.

Comment

17.04 also marks the first release where the K3b disc burning utility is included
              I laughed really hard. In 2017 when modern computing has all but moved on from spinning optical media, a disc burning utility is finally joining the KDE Applications suite. I get that K3b has existed for a long time on it's own and was included in many KDE based distros, but, still, I got a chuckle.

Comment

I can recommend KDE Neon LTS which is not only based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, but also on KDE 5.8 LTS.

Comment

Ah the moron trolls came out in force already. Always funny to see non-coders being religious about what language a project is written in

Comment

Originally posted by accumulator View Post
                    Ah the moron trolls came out in force already. Always funny to see non-coders being religious about what language a project is written in
                    You can say that again, it seems all the childish nappy wearing trolls don't seem to have the intelligence to see just how immature they show themselves to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X