Relm: A GTK-Based GUI Library In Rust For Async GUI Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    I think a DE agnostic widget toolkit written in rust would be fucking awesome!
    so why don't you write it then?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      You mean better than qt
      no, i mean worse

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        no, i mean worse
        It's always a matter of opinion. There are a number of ways in which I find GTK better than Qt, not least because it seems less prone to zealous fanboyism

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

It's always a matter of opinion. There are a number of ways in which I find GTK better than Qt, not least because it seems less prone to zealous fanboyism
          And, as someone who's programmed quite a bit in both PyGTK and PyQt, I can honestly say that Qt's APIs are much richer and better documented.

I'd never go back to developing against GTK+ now that I'm used to Qt handing me mature, well-tested versions of things I had to maintain my own hacked-together copies of in GTK+.

(Stuff like Qt's toolbars and panels supporting constrainable dock/undock, drag-and-drop repositioning, and hide/show (including default context menu) out of the box, and the ability to save/restore that state plus window geometry in six lines (three for save, three for restore), complete with deferred/batched commit-to-disk, if you're using QMainWindow for your top-level window.)

Comment

You haven't been around these forums very long have you?

FunkSTAR, Honton, and now his latest incarnation Griffin would love to have a word with you about the "Reference Desktop" of Linux.

Comment

There are a number of ways in which I find GTK better than Qt, not least because it seems less prone to zealous fanboyism
              i don't use either and superiority of gtk was assumed by op and not challenged by me

Comment

Working...
              X