Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 17.04 Gaming Performance: Budgie vs. GNOME vs. KDE Plasma vs. MATE vs. Unity vs. Xfce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
    gnome is on wayland?
    No, it was just blank screen when trying that session.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Just installed Kubuntu 17.04: the most beautiful operating system on the market. (it has improved rather than the predecessor)

Comment

Request - gaming in WINE, especially wanted is WINE in World of Warcraft.

Comment

Originally posted by GI_Jack View Post
          Request - gaming in WINE, especially wanted is WINE in World of Warcraft.
          Need to submit test profiles then for such Wine benchmarks you're interested in.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

No, it was just blank screen when trying that session.
            i wonder why, anyway thanks for making it clear

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Need to submit test profiles then for such Wine benchmarks you're interested in.
              I would switch to linux if i could play normaly League of Legends and Eve Online ....i know phoronix is not about gaming, but testing WINE compatibility and performance will be always interesting to me.

Comment

KDE/QT from being last a couple of years ago to kind of obliterating all GTK 3 desktops today in gaming!

Since people said KDE is a piece of garbage, then would like to know the results the day when it will rocks.

Comment

Intel Xeon E3-1280 v5 @ 4.00GHz (8 Cores)
                  SSD
                  AMD Radeon RX 470/
                  etc....

more powerfulll please ...

for these test you should benchmark on low end pc, like (Celeron/pentium, Hard Disk drive, 4go RAM, and weak GPU like RX460 or slower ....

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                    Just installed Kubuntu 17.04: the most beautiful operating system on the market. (it has improved rather than the predecessor)
                    You'd love KDE Neon
                    I've been using Kubuntu for ages, but at home I've switched to KDE Neon. It gets the latest KDE (and more importantly Qt) much faster. On the other hand, it only tracks LTS releases, so you need PPAs to stay up to date with other things.

Originally posted by darkcoder View Post
                    KDE/QT from being last a couple of years ago to kind of obliterating all GTK 3 desktops today in gaming!

Since people said KDE is a piece of garbage, then would like to know the results the day when it will rocks.
                    I doubt KDE was ever that slow. But I think for ages it couldn't reliably disable compositing as needed and since Micheal tests using defaults it just ended up doing unnecessary stuff.
                    In the years I've been using KDE it had many problems, but slowness was never one of them. At least not to me.

Comment

Oh, gnome being trashed on performance, how surprising...

Comment

Working...
                      X