Wine 2.6 Delivers Direct3D Multi-Threaded Command Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bemerk View Post

Improvements on that front happen all the time.
    Indeed , I try every time the 64bit with dx11 client of Diablo 3. So far, the GFX glitches have been resolved , only 'big' issue is now speed , I am getting between 0.5 and 5fps

Comment

Note that there are still some parts missing compared to my old code. In particular, resource maps are still synchronous, so most games won't see a performance gain yet. It's coming, please be patient :-) .

The existing code is likely to help with games that needed StrictDrawOrdering=enabled already.

Comment

Originally posted by stefandoesinger View Post
        Note that there are still some parts missing compared to my old code. In particular, resource maps are still synchronous, so most games won't see a performance gain yet. It's coming, please be patient :-) .

The existing code is likely to help with games that needed StrictDrawOrdering=enabled already.
        Thank you for that info!

Btw, it's a bit off topic but:

You can't compile wine with 10.6 SDK on macOS Sierra if you don't apply these patches:

Would be too hard to maintain this?

Comment

Originally posted by stefandoesinger View Post

Thank you for that info!

Btw, it's a bit off topic but:

You can't compile wine with 10.6 SDK on macOS Sierra if you don't apply these patches:

Would be too hard to maintain this?

Comment

Anyone installed AutoCAD 2015 via wine? (if no, what's preventing wine supporting AutoCAD?)

Comment

Meanwhile if you're running Ubuntu 17.04, the very latest Ubuntu, all you have access to is Wine 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                Meanwhile if you're running Ubuntu 17.04, the very latest Ubuntu, all you have access to is Wine 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0.
                Fedora current stable and openSUSE Tumbleweed have always latest version of WINE.

WINE on Fedora works great.

Comment

You have packages on wine site, they built them for couple distros and various releases of these, both devel and staging versions, including latest stable... and as far as i see 2.6 at least devel for zesty is currently there

I tried these repos on Debian 8, and it seems works fine... basically roughly speaking it is always up to date, only maybe you need to wait to be builded and uploaded depending on a verison of these combinations or distro you use, or whatever

I mean, really even Debian 7 LTS distro initially released in year 2013. has up to date 2.6 packages there

As always if you don't like something, there si probably some ppa, playonlinux, crossover... in the end or at beginning - build your own, that is also cool
                  Last edited by dungeon; 14 April 2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

These are the stable versions, I am not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post

(Tested with Wine 2.6 Stage)
                      This benchmark can test both dx9 and dx11.

dx9 test is below:

mkdir ffxivBench
                      cd ffxivBench
                      wget -c http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/ins...ward-bench.zip
                      unzip ./ffxiv-heavensward-bench.zip
                      WINEPREFIX=~/.ffxivBench WINEARCH=win32 winetricks dxsdk_jun2010 d3dx9_43
                      (Yes to overwrite registry entry)
                      WINEPREFIX=~/.ffxivBench WINEARCH=win32 wine ./ffxiv-heavensward-bench.exe

How do I convert this into a Phoronix Test Suite Test profile?

When done, don't forget to delete ~/.ffxivBench and ./ffxivBench
                      How do you switch between D3D9 and D3D11? Are the results dumped to the output or where?
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X