Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 2.6 Delivers Direct3D Multi-Threaded Command Stream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wine 2.6 Delivers Direct3D Multi-Threaded Command Stream

    Phoronix: Wine 2.6 Delivers Direct3D Multi-Threaded Command Stream

    Wine 2.6 is now available and it's a very exciting development update!..

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...e-2.6-Released

  • #2
    finally!
    now its time for dx10/11

    Comment


    • #3
      Will they integrate gallium 9 someday into the main line?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
        finally!
        now its time for dx10/11
        Improvements on that front happen all the time.

        Comment


        • #5
          Michael maybe some test are in order? I know you don't normally test wine, but this would make for a great article, and if possible thrown in Windows for comparison.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by chimpy View Post
            Michael maybe some test are in order? I know you don't normally test wine, but this would make for a great article, and if possible thrown in Windows for comparison.
            Unfortunately the current public Openbenchmarking.org test profiles done by CodeWeavers are all really old and haven't been aware of anyone using them or working on newer games/tests since Stefan left the company. So unfortunately the testing wouldn't be too worthwhile unless someone is able to contribute new Wine test profiles for PTS.
            Michael Larabel
            http://www.michaellarabel.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Is this for dx 9 too? wasn't CSMT always there?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by xoitx View Post
                Is this for dx 9 too? wasn't CSMT always there?
                It was hidden away in wine-staging. It didn't make it into main Wine until now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  But it does make the difference between "30-40 FPS, works fine" and "5-10 FPS, performes like shit" in a bunch of games.

                  Granted, compiling wine-staging isn't a big deal and gallium-nine still performs a lot better if if works (which unfortunately is not the case for World of Warships, which is currently my main application for Wine), but glad to see this in mainline.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Michael View Post

                    Unfortunately the current public Openbenchmarking.org test profiles done by CodeWeavers are all really old and haven't been aware of anyone using them or working on newer games/tests since Stefan left the company. So unfortunately the testing wouldn't be too worthwhile unless someone is able to contribute new Wine test profiles for PTS.
                    (Tested with Wine 2.6 Stage)
                    This benchmark can test both dx9 and dx11.

                    dx9 test is below:


                    mkdir ffxivBench
                    cd ffxivBench
                    wget -c http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/ins...ward-bench.zip
                    unzip ./ffxiv-heavensward-bench.zip
                    WINEPREFIX=~/.ffxivBench WINEARCH=win32 winetricks dxsdk_jun2010 d3dx9_43
                    (Yes to overwrite registry entry)
                    WINEPREFIX=~/.ffxivBench WINEARCH=win32 wine ./ffxiv-heavensward-bench.exe


                    How do I convert this into a Phoronix Test Suite Test profile?

                    When done, don't forget to delete ~/.ffxivBench and ./ffxivBench

                    Last edited by Sidicas; 04-13-2017, 07:55 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X