Qt 5.10 Release Planned For The End Of November, No Qt 5.8.1 Planned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Griffin View Post

Large scale free Qt deployments all ended in burning platforms. KDE failed. Nokia failed. Jolla failed. Ubuntu failed. Why do we have consistent failure? Because Qt doesnt give a damn about you. Paying customers on platforms like Windows are highest priority. Heck KDE Wayland broke even worse after latest Qt upgrade.

Qt is NOT tailored for the Free Linux Desktop. Everytime someone shoehorns this misfit it will end in another burning platform. Go ask Mark Shuttleworth.
    Embedded systems are important for Qt and often the customer use Linux.
    And why is KDE a failure? Ok, they have less man power, so KDE seems to be less stable, but it is far from being a failure. We use Kubuntu in my company.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post

The fact that KDE user and KDE developers are leaving is bad. Much worse is the sad state of the code. Millions of LOC, unaudited, crashy and not ready for Wayland. This is by default a security risk so big it cant quantified, it is just ... insane.

Go tell your company that you need to change, like NOW.
      please go away, your trolling really makes you look like an immature child who use classic attempts at misdirection to hide the fear that their own pet project is not as good as you think it is.

Comment

Everyone, please, less hate...

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
          Everyone, please, less hate...
          No, No, No... Not less hate, Just don't feed the troll that is Griffin. kthx.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

No, No, No... Not less hate, Just don't feed the troll that is Griffin. kthx.
            Sure, don't feed griffin, don't feed debianxfce... Post only on topic, so that Michael starves to death because of the low page hits

Though it would be nice if we could sandbox the trolls and feed them in a dedicated forum section.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Sure, don't feed griffin, don't feed debianxfce... Post only on topic, so that Michael starves to death because of the low page hits

Though it would be nice if we could sandbox the trolls and feed them in a dedicated forum section.
              And what makes you think this is not already happening to you?

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

And what makes you think this is not already happening to you?
                And by "this" you mean?

Comment

No Qt 5.8.1? And I wanted to try plasma 5 on wayland. I guess than now we have to wait another 2 months. This is not good for the kwin devs working on wayland, so many months with little bug reports because of this.

Comment

> You blame that I am trolling when writing facts.

Writing facts?

https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...034#post883034

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

You blame that I am trolling when writing facts. You are so blind that you do not see that you are one of the best trollers.
                      "Everybody should be using what I'm using" is not a fact.
                      I'm a happy KDE and Nvidia user for over a decade. That's what I post about, but I don't think you'll find a single post of me telling people they shouldn't be using Gnome, AMD or whatever.

Going by this definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
                      Your bringing up of Debian and Xfce in numerous unrelated threads seems to fit quite nicely.

Also yes, I've been trolling you on several occasions, but I got no complaints about it

Comment

Working...
                      X