Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leatherface
    replied
    Most of the old OE developers are working with LE now and it's there you see most activity.
    I don't see any reasons to still use OE anymore.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by Archprogrammer View Post
    Tried it out on my RPi3 but alas, it hangs after no more than a minute or two. Anyone wanting to try it on a RPi3 should probably wait until the next minor release.
    If it has issues on a raspi then it's in very bad shape.

Seconding the LibreElec suggestion. They made the 8.0 release like in February and made a beta for Raspi zero W support (that is now merged in latest version) https://libreelec.tv/

Leave a comment:

• cRaZy-bisCuiT
    replied
    Is there still anyone using OpenElec while there is LibreElec?

Leave a comment:

• edwaleni
    replied
    I have the Wetec Play (shipped all the way from Czech Republic) and its a foobar for me. I pull it out periodically to let it patch and see how the updates to OpenELEC and Kodi work out. So far (IMHO) its a washout. The ATSC tuners need constant CLI tweaks to stay tuned and its VERY antenna finicky. The pre-loaded modules are mostly for niche Euro channels and the setup is so geeky and obtuse, sometimes I can't tell where I am in the myriad of screens.

A great idea with a very unfinished interface. Only for total Linux nerds who don't mind keeping a keyboard on their lap doing CLI tweaks while they watch NCIS OTA.

Leave a comment:

• Archprogrammer
    replied
    Tried it out on my RPi3 but alas, it hangs after no more than a minute or two. Anyone wanting to try it on a RPi3 should probably wait until the next minor release.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic OpenELEC Mediacenter OS 8.0 Released

OpenELEC Mediacenter OS 8.0 Released

Phoronix: OpenELEC Mediacenter OS 8.0 Released

OpenELEC 8.0 was released this weekend as the newest version of this mediacenter / multimedia focused Linux distribution...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...C-8.0-Released
Working...
X