A New KDE Music Player: Elisa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andreano View Post

Me too. A music player is supposed to look like a spreadsheet.
    Uhm, it's kde program, you can make it look like a spreadsheet quite easily... I remember trying clementine when phonon xine backend were discontinued just to notice it used very same then not really working gstreamer. Got burned and revert back to amarok with not-so-good vlc backend at least it played almost all of my music files...

Comment

Originally posted by alexmigf View Post
      There's Cantata too.
      Yeap. I've been using Amarok since the very beginning, but amarok5 is just too unstable to be actually usable. I looked around for an alternative; looked at Clementine too, but it's just horribly dated and does not have all the features I need. So in the end I switched to Cantata, and it works pretty well. A bit weird that sometimes it greys out the priority menu, but overall it's pretty solid and can play and queue any music files I throw at it.

Comment

Amarok staling is no surprise when consodering the amount of devrlopers over there beeing constant high.

Comment

Orgasm is also a good music player. I'm surprised that nobody mentioned it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

If you are talking about Facebook and Twitter crap, I agree with you. But there are the music part of the internet that are important for a lot of people, like legal streaming of music by paid services, internet radios, podcasts and lyrics for the music.
            You forgot to mention illegal streaming , but yes I did mean mostly "social" media like Faceburp and Shitter

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Working...
            X