Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New KDE Music Player: Elisa

Phoronix: A New KDE Music Player: Elisa

While Amarok has not seen a release in years and Juk development not being too vibrant, now there's another new KDE music player option: Elisa...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

good to see a less BLOATED Music Player coming out for KDE

Comment

TYpo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      hopes for supporting ANdroid and Windows, and more.

Comment

Nice, but nothing beats mpv and vlc for me.

Comment

I like Amarok, it's sad it's not being updated much.

Comment

I believe that most folks that got hit by the bugs with Amarok in new distros have moved for Clementine, because they have the same features. It's ironic that Clementine started as a fork of Amarok and finished being better maintained than the one that it originated from. Althought I still prefer the wolf one.

Amarok isn't really dead, just at low pace. There are some contributions from time to time, but not enough to do a new release just yet.

For a lightweight QT player there is qmmp, keeping the soul of XMMS alive. But for a better playlist management, Clementine still tops on the QT side.

Comment

Clementine is absolutely the best, looks good, quite intuitive design, easy to navigate either via music collection or folders, many options, transcoding, regularly updated. Too many players have terrible navigation, dont have folder based navigation or lack advanced options, Clementine has it all, I tried many and none were even close, and what is extremely important it absolutely stays out of my way.

Comment

There's Cantata too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
                  Clementine is absolutely the best, looks good, quite intuitive design, easy to navigate either via music collection or folders, many options, transcoding, regularly updated. Too many players have terrible navigation, dont have folder based navigation or lack advanced options, Clementine has it all, I tried many and none were even close, and what is extremely important it absolutely stays out of my way.
                  I agree. Clementine is pretty awesome (I use it), but it still has it's share of bugs. Issues with continuing to play music after you tell it to stop being one of them.

Comment

Agree with everyone else that Clementine is the best. I use it no matter what desktop environment I'm using.

Comment

Working...
                    X