GNOME's GTK Gets Gtef'ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ldo17 View Post
    No it cannot, what you posted exists in your own imagination only, now stop bothering me and learn Rust.

/sarcasm

(Please note, I never said you can't write bullshit in C++, so I don't know what you think you are demonstrating here)

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      ..I never said you can't write bullshit in C++...
      So what point were you trying to make about the superiority of C++, exactly?

Comment

So what point were you trying to make about the superiority of C++, exactly?
        I said that IDEs (and software in general) written in C++ usually run better than stuff written in Java or webtechnology, which is not the same as saying "C++ uber alles".

Comment

I said that ... software in general ... written in C++ usually run better than stuff written in Java or webtechnology, which is not the same as saying "C++ uber alles".
          In your view, what is the distinction between “better than” and “über alles”? Is it because you’re not claiming supreriority over, say, Perl, Python or Bash, only over “Java or webtechnology”?

Comment

In your view, what is the distinction between “better than” and “über alles”?
            Same as standard from english language.
            Better than = relative better, better in some specific parameters, not necessarily better for everything.
            uber alles = superlative better, always better. Like Rust, it is Always Better (tm). (sarcasm)

Is it because you’re not claiming supreriority over, say, Perl, Python or Bash, only over “Java or webtechnology”?
            No, I originally claimed it is usually better than Python as I've used Python-based programs too.

Never seen truly complex GUI programs written in perl or bash, only scripts or smallish tools like Boot Repair, so they are out of the comparison.

But in general interpreted languages sacrifice performance for the sake of faster development, and you know what happens when you develop with limited time. It's not a issue of the language, more like the language is an indicator of how the program was developed.

Comment

And Stallman is related in what way to GNOME or GTK again? The choice of license is their founder's resposibility only.
              Only insofar as GTK is part of GNU, the sad religious sect of RMS.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxgeex View Post
                Only insofar as GTK is part of GNU, the sad religious sect of RMS.
                Since when GTK became part of GNU again? As I've missed that.

Comment

Since when GTK became part of GNU again? As I've missed that.
                  It's not hard to confirm that GTK is part of GNU - it's on the GTK.ORG home page, as well as being listed as a GNU package at GNU.ORG. I can't remember a time when it hasn't been. I think the more relevant question would be, when do you propose GTK stopped being a GNU project?

GTK is a free and open-source cross-platform widget toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces.

GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project

Comment

Working...
                  X